This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it normal to be asked to use Teamspeak for MMOs?

#11PyrotechnixxxPosted 12/30/2013 1:15:34 PM
A lack of built-in voice chat has been one of my least favorite things about PC gaming. You can claim latency problems all you want, but in my years of playing shooters on PS2 and ps3 I only encountered a couple of games without a usable voice chat.
---
Fear is a leash.
#12SinisterSlayPosted 12/30/2013 1:52:36 PM
I just wish they converted voice to text so I could understand what they are saying.
Even cooler would be if it auto translated.
Then we'd truly have a global MMO community.

But on topic, I've had a few groups and guilds do that. I just normally don't talk, I just listen and pretend I don't have a microphone.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#13chris121691Posted 12/30/2013 2:24:08 PM
Haha. Does anyone else tend to get annoyed when guys seems to drools over a girl talking over games?
And the girl knows it.
#14Ork_HeroPosted 12/30/2013 4:03:13 PM
chris121691 posted...
Haha. Does anyone else tend to get annoyed when guys seems to drools over a girl talking over games?
And the girl knows it.

Yes, it can get incredibly awkward for me, but I find it more funny than annoying. It also tends to spur up drama inevitably
---
'Ere we go!
UK gamer girl
#15Orestes417Posted 12/30/2013 4:09:43 PM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
A lack of built-in voice chat has been one of my least favorite things about PC gaming. You can claim latency problems all you want, but in my years of playing shooters on PS2 and ps3 I only encountered a couple of games without a usable voice chat.

I vastly prefer third party, private solutions. Last thing I want distracting me midgame is squeaking pubs who think I want to hear their parents telling them to take the trash out because they're too stupid/lazy to use PTT.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#16R0N1N187Posted 12/30/2013 4:11:14 PM
I've always used the built in VOIP.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Ie4dx.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Ef88B.gif
#17bkkorpsPosted 12/30/2013 6:34:00 PM
ryouma17 posted...
what sad is MMO's like WoW have a built in voice chat but nobody ever uses it, and new MMO's like GW2 and FF14 knowing how important voice chat is dont include any forcing us to use 3rd party programs.

another benefit of third party voice chat is if your game were to freeze, you wouldn't lose communication with your guild.

plus, every game I have played with built in voice chat had virtually no settings that you can modify to make things sound better/easier to use.
---
Religion is like circumcision. If you wait until someone is 21 to tell them about it, they probably won't be interested.
#18SlaynPosted 12/30/2013 6:40:18 PM
Third party is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better, especially for larger ( read: 25m ) groups. Also when I played WoW, I used to be very "social" and would go in vent all the time and shoot the **** with the other guys. I really wouldn't want to use in-game voice chat, except for random 5 mans. For raids, always third party voice comm. Even if I were to do a 25m pick up group, I would see if someone had a vent to use. Just too good.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505