This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gonna have $300 for a tablet for school. Is Nexus 7 32GB my best bet?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gonna have $300 for a tablet for school. Is Nexus 7 32GB my best bet?
3 years ago#11
Don't get the Kindle Fires unless you want to use only Amazon apps.
What's a sig?
3 years ago#12
Dell Venue Pro 8
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
3 years ago#13
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
Dell Venue Pro 8

Does it have expandable memory? Also, how is the app selection on a W8 tablet? I know there is a lot of Windows apps, but is it like iPad/Android where there is a lot of user submitted apps as well?
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
3 years ago#14
daemon_dan posted...
I think that the Kindke Fire HDX 7 inch is actually cheaper (don't quote me on that), but it DOES have the fastest processor currently available on a 7 inch tablet, and Amazon's app store is more robust with actual tablet focused apps. Nexus, I believe, uses google play and maybe android. Google play hasn't had the time to mature and android is still mostly geared toward smartphone apps

You should do your research
Worst Shaco NA.
3 years ago#15
superstud69x posted...
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
Dell Venue Pro 8

Does it have expandable memory? Also, how is the app selection on a W8 tablet? I know there is a lot of Windows apps, but is it like iPad/Android where there is a lot of user submitted apps as well?

What do you mean by memory? If you mean storage then the Venue Pro 8 has an SD card slot.
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
3 years ago#16
That tablet is the new model, and it probably the best tablet in its class.
PSN: Cremacious
3 years ago#17
Tablets are not for school. Get something that at least has a keyboard.
3 years ago#18
Nexus 7 (2013) is probably the best all around 7" model out there atm. I say go for it.
GTX 780 SC ACX || 2600K @ 4.5GHZ || 8gb G.Skill Ram || 180GB CorsairGT SSD
3 years ago#19
polopili posted...

Can't you attach a keyboard to most tablets these days anyways? And this would be primarily for putting textbooks and whatnot on it. I would still take hand-written notes on notepad paper, due to being a slow typist.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
3 years ago#20
polopili posted...

This is absolutely untrue. I use my iPad for absolutely everything University related including paper writing and lecture taking. The Nexus 7 will be fantastic for school. Bluetooth keyboards exist. Tablets can be a very good alternative to laptops. They weigh less, are smaller and have far better battery life.
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x|iPad Air
http://i.imgur.com/j8vZrBQ.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gonna have $300 for a tablet for school. Is Nexus 7 32GB my best bet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived