This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does Mass Effect 1 and 2 support Xbox 360 controller

#11ElfergosPosted 12/30/2013 2:22:24 PM
They sure do.... on the XBox 360.

This is one of those curious cases of them taking out the controller support despite the huge demand for it, and despite EA/Bioware being giants of the industry they apparently don't have the resources to support two control setups on one of their flagship properties on PC. I for one don't have the inclination to support a company that doesn't listen to its customers, but perhaps that just makes me another privileged game for not being willing to just hand over money.
#12steker16Posted 12/30/2013 2:31:59 PM
Elfergos posted...

This is one of those curious cases of them taking out the controller support despite the huge demand for it, and despite EA/Bioware being giants of the industry they apparently don't have the resources to support two control setups on one of their flagship properties on PC. I for one don't have the inclination to support a company that doesn't listen to its customers, but perhaps that just makes me another privileged game for not being willing to just hand over money.

yea, or they recognize that any form of PC shooter is best played with a mouse and keyboard and didnt bother catering to the peasants
#13JaghavePosted 12/30/2013 3:14:33 PM
steker16 posted...
Elfergos posted...

yea, or they recognize that any form of PC shooter is best played with a mouse and keyboard and didnt bother catering to the peasants

Lol

But I can't hate on someone asking for variety
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 780TI | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.backloggery.com/jaghave
I fought the law and the law lost
#14SlaynPosted 12/30/2013 3:15:46 PM
I use mouse and keyboard for games where aiming matters.

You do not need a mouse for Mass Effect.

Having said that, at least the first game isn't made for a controller ( the interface would be TERRIBLE with a controller ).
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#15BuburibonPosted 12/30/2013 3:16:18 PM
The ME series does not natively support controllers on PC. That being said, all 3 games work extremely well with Xpadder if you're willing to give it a shot.

steker16 posted...
Elfergos posted...

I know you're only kidding, but when you approve of developers purposely choosing not to let their customers rightfully pick the input device of their choice, you come across like a small-minded peasant yourself.
---
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB 2133Mhz | GTX Titan @ 1136Mhz
#16_Marka_Ragnos_Posted 12/30/2013 3:34:44 PM
Not sure why anyone is saying the games support controllers. None of them do without xpadder. Aside from that, the first one is built around mouse and keyboard and would be terrible with a controller.
---
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x
http://i.imgur.com/j8vZrBQ.jpg
#17ryan0991Posted 12/30/2013 3:47:56 PM
Not only do they not support it, but EA/Bioware seem to have purposely disabled the controller support that was there (considering how easily partial controller support can be re-enabled). Some of the 360 controller button prompts even show up.

There really is zero excuse for such a high profile release not supporting controller. I don't accept any of the BS excuses they come up with. The devs of Bioshock 2 came up with some of the same excuses for why it was "unfeasible" and yet controller support was recently officially patched in.

It's the sole reason I haven't played the PC versions yet.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/BOBtheMASTER.jpg
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#18SythisTaruPosted 12/30/2013 3:48:27 PM
The first one officially supports it. Dunno what people are talking about.
#19_Marka_Ragnos_Posted 12/30/2013 3:50:38 PM
SythisTaru posted...

It definitely does NOT work for me but I did some digging and found this:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/774202/1

Seems to be about the same result as we are having here where some people are swearing that there is no support and some swearing that there is with the developers saying there is no support. Maybe different versions?
---
i5 4670k| 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3| EVGA GTX 780|Alienware m17x
http://i.imgur.com/j8vZrBQ.jpg
#20ryan0991Posted 12/30/2013 3:58:07 PM
SythisTaru posted...

I don't understand why there is such confusion on this topic. It either supports it or it doesn't.
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/BOBtheMASTER.jpg
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.