This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for point and click mystery games. Suggestion?

#11AsucaHayashiPosted 12/30/2013 1:07:59 PM
raven is pretty bad for an adventure game.

only tried the first episode and that was enough for me.

anyways off the top of my head in order of must-plays:
-gabriel knight sins of the fathers
-still life(post mortem is the prequel and you might wanna try that also but still life is a must)
-broken sword 1(maybe 2 as well as the newest one which was just released).
-maybe indiana jones and the fate of atlantis + the longest journey(though these don't deal with as dark themes like the above)

wadjet's stuff is pretty cool... only tried gemini rue and resonance though both of which are worth a look.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#12arleasPosted 12/30/2013 1:26:52 PM
It isn't everyone's cup of tea, and $20 bucks IS asking too much for it,

Considering the guy is looking specifically for mystery point and click adventures, Gone Home doesn't really qualify. Also, yes, you're right, it's not everyone's cup of tea, and I highly doubt a 60 year old couple is going to find the same enjoyment in it that YOU do.

Even $6 for a 3 hour game is a bit steep.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2868545294.png
#13thatauthorPosted 12/30/2013 2:31:12 PM(edited)
From: AsucaHayashi | Posted: 12/30/2013 3:07:59 PM | #011
-still life(post mortem is the prequel and you might wanna try that also but still life is a must)

Still Life might be a bit graphic. I liked the game though and I dislike point and clicks.
---
Someone should sig this. ~ Eshegnev
#14TheAlmightyCowPosted 12/30/2013 2:34:04 PM
BROKEN SWORD! Seriously, they are amazing.
---
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwXItLxvZ_0&feature=youtu.be
FC: 3866 - 8210 - 3222
#15BeknessPosted 12/30/2013 3:09:50 PM
Something like Puzzle Agent? Not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for.
---
Dexy's Midnight Daddy & Mummy Mustard
R<3B forever xx
#16elusive(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2013 1:38:25 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...

-maybe indiana jones and the fate of atlantis + the longest journey(though these don't deal with as dark themes like the above)

wadjet's stuff is pretty cool... only tried gemini rue and resonance though both of which are worth a look.

They are not into dark stuff. Murder investigation is about all they can handle, stuff with demons and extreme gore is to much for them lol. Idiana is more in tune with their tastes for sure!
#17DragonRaizenPosted 1/1/2014 7:32:23 AM
elusive posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...

They are not into dark stuff. Murder investigation is about all they can handle, stuff with demons and extreme gore is to much for them lol. Idiana is more in tune with their tastes for sure!

The Blackwell series is murder investigation with ghosts.
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
#18AsucaHayashiPosted 1/1/2014 3:49:51 PM
elusive posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...

then all my suggestions are appropriate.

the darkest games on my list are still life/post mortem and gabriel knight but they deal with "realistic" murder investigations too(though GK's investigation ties in with voodoo culture what with the game being set in new orleans and all).
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#19Freelance_WolfPosted 1/1/2014 4:01:51 PM(edited)
Point and click mystery games? Only the Gabriel Knight series (my favourite series from Sierra) matters. Amazing series that manage to twist real life history with a supernatural twist. In fact, it was GK2 that introduced me to Neuschwanstein Castle. It is now my favourite castle.

The first game is the best though, with some good voice actors.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."