This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with H100i and AX860i (Or any AXi series that has the digital link dongle)

#1BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 1/1/2014 1:46:29 AM
So, I am trying to figure out how to get all of this connected together without having to use an additional USB 2.0 internal header.

Here is what I am doing. I removed my USB cord to free up space for the header, and then I plugged in the Corsair Link cable into the PSU and plugged it directly into the H100i. However, I no longer have control over fans or any type of monitoring outside of temps for both my PSU and CPU. I tried to avoid using the dongle, but is this not possible? What is the best way to use this and save a USB header? Also, what exactly does this dongle do?
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/1/2014 2:10:01 AM
Get this

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/123-grid-fan-hub

$12 bucks, plug the pump pwm, the fans into this.. connect to the cpu fan header, use the bios of ur Asus to control the fan speed, just setup a profile.

When I had an h100i, I didn't use that Corsair link, it's garbage.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#3Killah PriestPosted 1/1/2014 7:39:35 AM(edited)
You will have to use at least one header for the corsair link from the cooler.

You control any fans connected to the cooler through corsair link.

all other fans should function normally through bios.

there is one dongle tho that you'd only use if you weren't using both the psu and the h100i so you run one directly to the cooler.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#4BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 9:43:20 AM
Ah, I got it. So I plug the USB cord from the cooler to the header, and then that one other cord from the CPU cooler into the PSU and I should be good to go? I read that you didn't use both cords, so that is good to know.
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#5Killah PriestPosted 1/1/2014 9:54:10 AM
yep that sounds about right, USB dongle goes from cooler to header, then one from the PSU to the cooler right next to where the USB dongle plugged in and your fans to the top of the cooler.

then load the corsair link software to control the two fans connected to the rad.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 9:58:02 AM
Awesome, thanks man! Really wish Corsair gave some decent instructions on how to set this up (Or maybe I'm just dumb, lol).
---