This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Just Cause 2? My friend says it's like FarCry 3, which I love.

#21Damaged7Posted 1/1/2014 2:48:03 PM
clowning posted...
I hate JC2, because the shooter mechanics are horrible, as is the AI. Well, the VA is awful, too...and the animations...and the driving mechanics, and the physics....

Well, some people overlook all that because apparently they enjoy grapple-hooking things a lot. And I mean A LOT. You must really love the grapple hook schtick to overlook everything bad about this game.

Game isn't half as bad as you are trying to make it seem.
---
Bold Text
#22ChromaticAngelPosted 1/1/2014 3:40:40 PM
It's $3

You can surf harriers

It's $3
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#23Pal 080Posted 1/1/2014 4:08:40 PM(edited)
I only enjoyed the single player with mods, of which there are some good ones.

My favourites include the unlimited ammo rapid fire rocket launcher, and the most important one of all is the 2km long grapple hook, makes it SOOO much fun to get around the world, and you move about as fast as a jet.

It's also gorgeous with a couple graphics tweaks like removing the clouds and increasing draw distance, so if you're into nice visuals you could get $3 worth of enjoyment simply from that.
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#24acangialPosted 1/1/2014 4:13:49 PM
I enjoyed it for about 40 hours, but then it's just more of the same. TBH, FarCry 3 was the same in that respect. It's more of the same 3/4 of the way through the game.
---
i5-3570K, GTX660 2GB, ASRock Z77 EXTRM4, CV 8GB DDR, Samsung 840 120GB, WD Caviar Blk 1T, XFX PRO750W, CM HAF 922, CM Hyp 212 EVO, Razor Nostromo
#25clowningPosted 1/1/2014 5:51:16 PM
Damaged7 posted...
clowning posted...
I hate JC2, because the shooter mechanics are horrible, as is the AI. Well, the VA is awful, too...and the animations...and the driving mechanics, and the physics....

Well, some people overlook all that because apparently they enjoy grapple-hooking things a lot. And I mean A LOT. You must really love the grapple hook schtick to overlook everything bad about this game.

Game isn't half as bad as you are trying to make it seem.

No...it is very bad.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle