This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Splitscreen / couch co-op RPGs?

#1kupo4lifePosted 1/1/2014 1:01:22 PM
Lately been playing some shooters and fighters with my cousin on the PC since they allow split screen. Are there any RPG / action rpgs that allow this? Most RPGs that have a co-op aspect don't offer couch co-op and require each player to be on a separate PC with a separate copy of the game and just go online to play. I think the only couch co-op RPG I ever played was Sacred 2, but besides that..any others?
#2GyrospeckPosted 1/1/2014 4:47:10 PM
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_Local_Multiplayer_Games
#3PaukenPosted 1/1/2014 4:58:38 PM
Dungeon Defenders has full splitscreen support.

If you can find a copy, both X-Men Legends 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance sport full local co-op, though you NEED a wired 360 pad to make it work (just one will do, player 2 can use the keyboard).

If you'd prefer a much more hardcore MP rogue like, Legend of Dungeon also supports local co-op, though due to how you'll likely both die within 15 minutes it's more of a short burst RPG.

Emulation wise, Shining Soul 2 and Phantasy Star Online for GameCube are both fully emulated complete with multiplayer (SS2 is technically LAN, but due to the nature of GBA link emulation you can run up to 4 instances of the emulator on one PC and map one joypad to each instance, thus being a sort of splitscreen). The Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games are another possibility, though I dunno how well they emulate. Secret of Mana would also work, but it's co-op potential goes poof past the third boss due to magic spam being the only way to kill later bosses, and magic spam more or less ruins the fun of co-op due to spells pausing the action.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
#4ChromaticAngelPosted 1/1/2014 5:53:10 PM
kupo4life posted...
Are there any RPG / action rpgs that allow this?

Dungeon Siege 3 and Sacred 2 are the only ones I can think of.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.