This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that go above 60 FPS?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games that go above 60 FPS?

User Info: pitt12177

pitt12177
3 years ago#11
DV8ingSources posted...
You only really benefit from faster paced games with a higher framerate. As a 120hz owner, its nice and noticeable but it's not something you will feel in every game.

Appreciate the input / honesty. I dabble a bit in BF4 and L4D2 but I don't think I play either competitively enough to justify another 140+ dollars on a second monitor. I may just get a dupe of what I have now.

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#12
Keep in mind that if you are interested in 3d, 120+hz is pretty much necessary.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: killkount

killkount
3 years ago#13
i stand corrected then. tbh i was just speaking out of my ass anyway.
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#14
Terrible topic. Let me just go ahead and list the tens of thousands and games that do
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png

User Info: pitt12177

pitt12177
3 years ago#15
TimePharaoh posted...
Terrible topic. Let me just go ahead and list the tens of thousands and games that do

I'll wait, bro.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#16
I've played monster truck madness 2 at 300 frames per second.

But its better at 30 fps. The physics work better.
I have a suspicion that at such high framerates, the movement between frames gets smaller than the precision the original programmers allowed.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: FattyBreads

FattyBreads
3 years ago#17
Skyrim doesn't play nice over 60fps.

Some games are brilliant though, Batman AA, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider etc were magnificent at 100+ fps.

My only beef with 120hz monitors is the lack (afaik) of IPS, they're all generally TN. Hopefully that'll change with gsync - my wallet is ready. Plus, when I was in the market for a 120hz monitor 12 months ago, 1440p was nowhere to be found, dunno if that's still the case.

I have a two monitor setup, a 27" Dell 1440p for most stuff, and a 120hz BenQ for certain titles. I'll ditch the BenQ the moment really good gsync monitors arrive. I'll be keeping the old Dell though, it's been a champ.

Again, I must add that my knowledge of 120hz+ monitors is 12 months old, there may have been developments in the time since.
"I could care less" means you care, silly.

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#18
^Still no IPS @ 120hz tho. =/
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: FattyBreads

FattyBreads
3 years ago#19
Clouddx posted...
^Still no IPS @ 120hz tho. =/

:(

Ideally, as I said above, I want a 1600p 27"-30", IPS or better (ie newer tech), 120hz+.

Also, I actually wouldn't mind it being glossy. Glossy has a lot of negativity surrounding it for some pretty valid reasons, but as I use it purely for gaming and is positioned away from glare, I'd actually prefer it next time. Or, at the very least, a monitor that isn't expressly anti glare. Really dislike the level of anti glare coating on the Dell. I remember reading a guide on how to remove it completely, but it was way, way beyond my abilities, involving soaking the LCD or something equally baffling/frightening o_O

No interest in 4K monitors for a while yet either. I've got a gtx780 and that'd choke at 4K, god knows how lesser cards would perform. Besides, my next upgrade has to be cpu/mobo. My i7 2600k is getting on a bit, can't believe how well everything still runs though, much do to with the gpu clearly. Probably get another year out of it.
"I could care less" means you care, silly.

User Info: exclusiveburner

exclusiveburner
3 years ago#20
A good racing game!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games that go above 60 FPS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived