This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the point of these snow globes?

#11DV8ingSourcesPosted 1/1/2014 10:37:22 PM
Enjoy your mod. No need to be a dick about it... xD
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#12PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 10:39:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#13arleasPosted 1/1/2014 10:39:47 PM
I'm selling one for five dollars

The current market price is shown to you before you put anything up on the market.... well it's "Recent" market prices anyway. So you might be selling a card for $5 but come Friday around noon when the sale ends, you will probably have nothing to show for it. I mean, if you sold it for 15 cents there'd be a good chance it could sell... if you sold it for 16 cents there would be a slight chance it could sell... but $5?
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#14PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 10:44:35 PM
arleas posted...

The current market price is shown to you before you put anything up on the market.... well it's "Recent" market prices anyway. So you might be selling a card for $5 but come Friday around noon when the sale ends, you will probably have nothing to show for it. I mean, if you sold it for 15 cents there'd be a good chance it could sell... if you sold it for 16 cents there would be a slight chance it could sell... but $5?

Certainly, when the going rate is on average about 15 cents, selling at prices like 5, 10, and 20 dollars would be evidence of a rather inept merchant. Incidentally, that is exactly what I'm selling my three snow globes for.
#15KillerTrufflePosted 1/1/2014 10:44:36 PM
Looks like TC is pressing for a ban if he keeps posting offensive stuff like that...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#16DiviDudePosted 1/1/2014 10:45:55 PM
arleas posted...

I always wonder what the deal is with people selling cards for like, hundreds of dollars. Just a typo or something? There are Snow Globes for sale for $400+ right now!
#17arleasPosted 1/1/2014 10:47:25 PM
There are Snow Globes for sale for $400+ right now!

They're dreaming that someone will be like "we're down to the last snowglobe... I only need one more to make that badge and... crap it's on sale for $400.... well.. there's no other way! (plunks down cash)"
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#18PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 10:50:03 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
ughgghguhh you're gonna get in troubles if you keep saying offensive things like that...

Sorry, miss. If it's any consolation to you, I will say that your frilly dress goes nicely with your pigtails.
#19PoorCountry(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2014 10:53:07 PM
arleas posted...

They're dreaming that someone will be like "we're down to the last snowglobe... I only need one more to make that badge and... crap it's on sale for $400.... well.. there's no other way! (plunks down cash)"

They must be. Who, but a risk-taking madman, would throw away their chance at getting 10 cents?
#20DiviDudePosted 1/1/2014 10:57:01 PM
PoorCountry posted...
arleas posted...

They must be. Who, but a risk-taking madman, would throw away their chance at getting 10 cents?

Hey man, one Snow Globe = one bag of bottom-feeder ramen. That's a steal!