This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about newegg.

#11warmachine568(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 6:23:47 PM
im spending around 1200 thats why im wondering how much tax is gonna be. and can everyone just stop posting dont want this to become another one of THOSE topics
#12AltmadragonPosted 1/2/2014 6:24:11 PM
http://help.newegg.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/160

"Newegg.com only charges sales tax on orders shipping to California, New Jersey and Tennessee."
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#13ShubPosted 1/2/2014 6:25:21 PM
Altmadragon posted...
How do you think most teenagers buy things online?

Just because most teenagers supposedly do it doesn't mean it's a good idea... It just means that most teenagers are ignorant and should find a better way to buy stuff online. Using a debit card online is a terrible idea.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#14AltmadragonPosted 1/2/2014 6:27:32 PM
Shub posted...
Altmadragon posted...

Just because most teenagers supposedly do it doesn't mean it's a good idea... It just means that most teenagers are ignorant and should find a better way to buy stuff online. Using a debit card online is a terrible idea.

That's like the only way a teenager can buy online outside parents paying for whatever it is and giftcards, why do you think PayPal became so popular.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#15ClouddxPosted 1/2/2014 6:27:59 PM(edited)
warmachine568 posted...
im spending around 1200 thats why im wondering how much tax is gonna be. and can everyone just stop posting dont want this to become another one of THOSE topics

We have no clue what state you live in, how are we supposed to know???

A little lesson to you child, taxes differ state to state.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#16ShubPosted 1/2/2014 6:29:47 PM
Altmadragon posted...
Shub posted...
Altmadragon posted...

That's like the only way a teenager can buy online outside parents paying for whatever it is and giftcards, why do you think PayPal became so popular.

I'll go as far as to say that using a debit card in any situation is a terrible idea except to get cash at the ATM, and even that has me worried about skimming, but when you have no choice but to use a debit card, use it to buy something like a Visa prepaid card, and use that to pay for stuff online.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#17ClouddxPosted 1/2/2014 6:30:36 PM
Shub posted...
Altmadragon posted...
Shub posted...
Altmadragon posted...

I'll go as far as to say that using a debit card in any situation is a terrible idea except to get cash at the ATM, and even that has me worried about skimming, but when you have no choice but to use a debit card, use it to buy something like a Visa prepaid card, and use that to pay for stuff online.

I agree with this 100%
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S