This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Indie devs are getting WAY to greedy.

#51arleasPosted 1/5/2014 8:39:03 AM(edited)
people are babies and expect everything

This accounts for every complaint topic on gamefaqs pretty much.

they shouldn't have done early-access in the first place if they didn't want to PO backers.

Or maybe they wanted to allow other people to help fund it and get involved as well.... if that doesn't include you then when you see it on sale, go take a nice long walk outside until it doesn't bother you anymore.

This whole Early Access crap needs to go.

I fail to see how it really affects you. The most legit complaint I've seen about Early Access so far is that it should be on a special page by itself, but that's kinda minor really. If you know how to read it won't take you a second to realize "oh, this is still in development and I hate things that aren't 100% finished, I better not buy it" and move on.

To put it in perspective: I don't like Justin Bieber's music and I'm not a huge fan of Dubstep. Should I run around telling people to quit buying that music? What do you think they'd say about it?

I'm not a fan of those dinky looking smart cars and I think everyone driving huge-ass SUV's should be taxed extra for guzzling gas, polluting up the roads and taking up extra space everywhere they go. Is there anything I can really do about that? Yeah I can complain about them but if people are still buying them, it's still gonna get sold.

Same thing with Early Access. Write to congress and get them to pass a bill making it illegal to pay money for a game that isn't finished. That's the only way you're going to get it stopped. Alternately, come to gamefaqs and cry about it every day and something is bound to happen eventually....right?

---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#52TiamatKillerPosted 1/5/2014 8:42:21 AM
Too*
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) @900MHz | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912
#53steker16Posted 1/5/2014 8:59:21 AM
im interested in wasteland 2 but there is zero justification for the price point of $60 on an alpha state game, no amount of twisting the logic will work. there was a time where game developers would pay people to test their alphas. now they expect you to pay them to do it. i'd have no issue with the game being $60 if it was a complete released title. selling a game in early access is asking the consumer to take a risk on something that could end up being a bad game, or never even release to begin with, it should be cheap to get in it at that point and only cost full price when its an actual complete game
#54d209999Posted 1/5/2014 9:15:45 AM
steker16 posted...
im interested in wasteland 2 but there is zero justification for the price point of $60 on an alpha state game, no amount of twisting the logic will work

There is proven, sound logic, which has been repeated many times throughout this topic.

You'd just rather troll than inform yourself.
---
*under construction*
#55DaedalusExPosted 1/5/2014 9:20:57 AM(edited)
arleas posted...
I fail to see how [early access] really affects you.

It affects everyone who plays games, because it has the potential to reduce the quality and/or extend the release of games that will be available to us.
#56steker16Posted 1/5/2014 9:45:56 AM
d209999 posted...
steker16 posted...
im interested in wasteland 2 but there is zero justification for the price point of $60 on an alpha state game, no amount of twisting the logic will work

There is proven, sound logic, which has been repeated many times throughout this topic.

kickstarter backing price should have nothing to do with it. if someone wanted to kickstart a game that is their choice, but once you put the game on a retail seller platform like steam you're asking the every day consumer to buy your game, and in this case you're asking for $60 to alpha test a game that will be less than half that at release

also in what world am i trolling?
#57d209999Posted 1/5/2014 9:52:44 AM
steker16 posted...
d209999 posted...
steker16 posted...

kickstarter backing price should have nothing to do with it. if someone wanted to kickstart a game that is their choice, but once you put the game on a retail seller platform like steam you're asking the every day consumer to buy your game, and in this case you're asking for $60 to alpha test a game that will be less than half that at release

also in what world am i trolling?

Then wait and buy it when it's released. The alpha price was set long ago, and it's a credit to InXile for staying consistent.
---
*under construction*
#58Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 9:53:54 AM
JKatarn posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
arleas posted...
It was funny as hell seeing that guy get so mad.

Yes it was quite amusing seeing you both get warned. You should do that more often.

Actually, I think that other guy might have gotten banned. I don't know. I didn't like him anyway.

Yes. I think he did get banned as well. He threatened to kill me and my family. That's worth a banned or at least it should be. It was worth it though. I got warned and a loss of 13 karma in exchange for getting that guy banned and for sheer enjoyment was worth it.

What does that say about you that you would potentially put your family in danger to "win" a petty little Internet argument.

LMAO. You are being serious right now aren't you? Well I know you're not very smart or cant think that well. I'll let you think about how idiotic your post is. See if you can point out the flaw in it. If not, then damn you really aren't smart.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.