This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone played Assetto Corsa? (even more so with the oculus rift)

#1-5xad0w-Posted 1/4/2014 9:48:22 PM
I know i's early access and all, but I'd like to get a good racing game to test the rift out in.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#2AcquirePosted 1/4/2014 9:54:12 PM
There's no actual racing in it yet. Just time attacks types. I don't have an oculus rift, but it is pretty fun. Great audio and driving physic. Not the best graphics when compared to Project Cars or Codemasters' games.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#3thatauthorPosted 1/4/2014 11:23:39 PM
Not the best graphics when compared to Project Cars or Codemasters' games.

maybe not, but they look great according to gamefaqs' screenshots. isn't PC the best looking racing game anyway?
---
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95
#4SinisterSlayPosted 1/4/2014 11:27:47 PM
A friend of mine bought it. He's a nut for racing sims and built an entire wheel and pedals cage shaped like a car with a car seat and speakers in the correct positions like a car.
He enjoys it. I believe he told me he bought it twice.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#5Mr kittyPosted 1/4/2014 11:53:38 PM
The steering handling model is a lot more realistic than iRacing. It still in beta, but I can't wait to see the game being completed.
---
Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K @4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|VisionTek HD7970 3GB|11TB storage|x-fi titanium hd|Silent Pro M1000W|Corsair 800D
#6AcquirePosted 1/5/2014 12:28:38 AM
thatauthor posted...
Not the best graphics when compared to Project Cars or Codemasters' games.

maybe not, but they look great according to gamefaqs' screenshots. isn't PC the best looking racing game anyway?

True, but Project Cars and Codemasters' racing games look a lot better. It's not a marginal difference and I know there was initial disappointment on the steam forums when early access was first available because the graphics didn't live up to the screenshots they had on their website.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#7SKYMAN07Posted 1/5/2014 3:19:44 PM
It's very barebones but the driving sensation is amazing. Even without opponents it's worth it if you're into driving sims, especially if you have a decent wheel.

If they finish the game properly it'll be one of the best driving sims of all time.
#8DV8ingSourcesPosted 1/5/2014 3:28:40 PM
SKYMAN07 posted...
It's very barebones but the driving sensation is amazing. Even without opponents it's worth it if you're into driving sims, especially if you have a decent wheel.

If they finish the game properly it'll be one of the best driving sims of all time.

That's awesome to hear. I almost picked it up during the sale but I can't justify playing an incomplete game when I have such a ridiculous backlog. Still I really look forward to when it is properly released. Between this and Project CARS, us sim drivers have a lot to look forward to.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#9SKYMAN07Posted 1/5/2014 3:46:00 PM
I agree with you regarding being reluctant to buy an unfinished game, but this one is likely worth it even as it is, the driving experience is maybe the best ever in a game to date.

I'd recommend checking out the Asseto Steam forums for more detailed info too.