This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adventure RPGS with meaty combat akin to Dark Souls/Draken the ancient gates?

#1TheBlueDeathPosted 1/5/2014 3:54:09 PM
Can anyone recommend anything?

Really disliking that "floaty" feeling to combat in many RPGS now.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#2majinbuu58Posted 1/5/2014 3:58:01 PM
Monster Hunter's combat is somewhat similar to dark souls.. if you have the right system for one lol
#3-5xad0w-Posted 1/5/2014 3:58:42 PM
Well, not a traditional RPG per se, but Mount & Blade Warband has some of the best melee combat to date.

When you are mowing guys down from horseback with a 2-handed sword there is a real sense of impact.

It's also highly skill based.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#4BogePosted 1/5/2014 3:58:46 PM
Blade of Darkness. That's about it.
---
And so he prophesied that the sheeple will follow the stupid, and the stupid will rule the Earth.
#5LordOfLegaciesPosted 1/5/2014 3:59:36 PM
Mount & Blade seconded.
Just don't ever call it Mountain Blade.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#6capgamerPosted 1/5/2014 4:03:55 PM
I think I know what you mean by "floaty," combat that doesn't feel like it has any impact to it.

Darksiders 2 is pretty good. I don't like it nearly as well as Dark Souls or anything, but it's fun. The combat leans more towards Devil May Cry though.

Mars: War Logs is pretty good combat-wise. The game itself is pretty unpolished, but it has decent combat. I'm not that far into it yet, but I like what I've played of it.

Mount and Blade: Warband has clunky combat if anything. Clunky, but fairly realistic. Pretty cool game if you haven't tried it.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#7ChromaticAngelPosted 1/5/2014 4:35:17 PM
Mount & Blade, while not an RPG, has some of the best and most realistic medieval style combat. And there are RPG mods if that interests you.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#8ThunderPotatoPosted 1/5/2014 4:50:54 PM
majinbuu58 posted...
Monster Hunter's combat is somewhat similar to dark souls.. if you have the right system for one lol

Like a PC?
---
I love you.
#9capgamerPosted 1/5/2014 5:09:51 PM
The only Monster Hunter on PC is frontier which hasn't been translated into English and has stuff in place meant to prevent you from playing even in Japanese... so I don't know what you're "like a PC?"ing about. :)
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#10SlaynPosted 1/5/2014 5:11:47 PM
*currently playing MH3U on 3DS*

I have to concur.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505