This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adventure RPGS with meaty combat akin to Dark Souls/Draken the ancient gates?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Adventure RPGS with meaty combat akin to Dark Souls/Draken the ancient gates?
2 years ago#1
Can anyone recommend anything?

Really disliking that "floaty" feeling to combat in many RPGS now.
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
2 years ago#2
Monster Hunter's combat is somewhat similar to dark souls.. if you have the right system for one lol
2 years ago#3
Well, not a traditional RPG per se, but Mount & Blade Warband has some of the best melee combat to date.

When you are mowing guys down from horseback with a 2-handed sword there is a real sense of impact.

It's also highly skill based.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
2 years ago#4
Blade of Darkness. That's about it.
And so he prophesied that the sheeple will follow the stupid, and the stupid will rule the Earth.
2 years ago#5
Mount & Blade seconded.
Just don't ever call it Mountain Blade.
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
2 years ago#6
I think I know what you mean by "floaty," combat that doesn't feel like it has any impact to it.

Darksiders 2 is pretty good. I don't like it nearly as well as Dark Souls or anything, but it's fun. The combat leans more towards Devil May Cry though.

Mars: War Logs is pretty good combat-wise. The game itself is pretty unpolished, but it has decent combat. I'm not that far into it yet, but I like what I've played of it.

Mount and Blade: Warband has clunky combat if anything. Clunky, but fairly realistic. Pretty cool game if you haven't tried it.
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
2 years ago#7
Mount & Blade, while not an RPG, has some of the best and most realistic medieval style combat. And there are RPG mods if that interests you.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
2 years ago#8
majinbuu58 posted...
Monster Hunter's combat is somewhat similar to dark souls.. if you have the right system for one lol

Like a PC?
I love you.
2 years ago#9
The only Monster Hunter on PC is frontier which hasn't been translated into English and has stuff in place meant to prevent you from playing even in Japanese... so I don't know what you're "like a PC?"ing about. :)
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
2 years ago#10
*currently playing MH3U on 3DS*

I have to concur.
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Adventure RPGS with meaty combat akin to Dark Souls/Draken the ancient gates?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived