This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The witcher 2......Why did I wait so long.

#1shaunmePosted 1/6/2014 6:14:09 AM
I bought this game on the day of release (physical collectors edition) I played to the second chapter without doing hardly any side quests, started having framerate issues give up.

On friday I downloaded the enhanced edition from GOG plus all the extras and started a new game.I am hooked, it really has grabbed me this time.... the world and lore are amazing, the writing is superb and it looks beautiful.

Just started chapter 2 and the framerate issues I had are gone (same setup) wether the drivers or game patches have improved I dont know but everything is maxed bar uber s and im getting a near locked 60fps.

Reading a thread on GAF and a poster said depending on a choice you make you get to visit different areas and meey different chatacters...can somebody explain how to do this ?.
---
Nintendo Hater http://i.imgur.com/ZpP0EsD.jpg Obviously.....
NNID:shaunme1
#2pitt12177Posted 1/6/2014 6:19:29 AM
Keep a fapkin near, my boy. The ride is just getting started.
#3Ch3wyPosted 1/6/2014 6:21:23 AM
shaunme posted...

Reading a thread on GAF and a poster said depending on a choice you make you get to visit different areas and meey different chatacters...can somebody explain how to do this ?.

Just keep playing, the choice for this is blatantly obvious when it comes up.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#4shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 6:24:55 AM
Ch3wy posted...
shaunme posted...

Just keep playing, the choice for this is blatantly obvious when it comes up.

Is it not when you to choose to help roch or the elf ? Forgot to say im playing this with my ps4 controller and its flawless....does wild hunt launch this year?
---
#5CaptainMetManPosted 1/6/2014 6:59:26 AM
shaunme posted...
Is it not when you to choose to help roch or the elf ? Forgot to say im playing this with my ps4 controller and its flawless....does wild hunt launch this year?

Yes and yes. Also check out the books by Andrej Sapkowski which the games are based on. Only a few are published in English, but there's fan translations for all the books that you wouldn't know were translated otherwise.
#6colma919Posted 1/6/2014 7:06:47 AM
That's the same reason I stopped at ch2.

Framerate drop issue was very annoying at the time.

It's safe to try again?
---
GamerTag: ChiefWiggum119
Steam ID: Librarytimeisover
#7Freelance_WolfPosted 1/6/2014 7:23:09 AM
It's good to see that you're enjoying the game and that the framerate issues has disappeared for you. W2 is my Goty of 2011.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#8shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 8:04:36 AM
colma919 posted...
That's the same reason I stopped at ch2.

Framerate drop issue was very annoying at the time.

It's safe to try again?

Im running the same setup as when I last played it and my performance is solid now, I bought a second 680 a few months after and that obviously cured the issues But now with 1 card i7 2600k at 4.4ghz locked 60fps
---