This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently the Bioshock games are pretty good?

#21steker16Posted 1/6/2014 6:56:47 PM
infinite>1>2

but dont play infinite without playing 1. i mean damn, there's an entire part at the end that connects the two, not to mention the recent story DLC
#22thegreatsquarePosted 1/6/2014 9:08:19 PM
You should play BS1 before BS3 or the ending to BS3 will make even less sense. BS2 is optional.
---
ASUS G73jh i7 720/Mobility HD 5870/6GB DDR3 1404MHz/Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Hybrid HDD
#23OUberLordPosted 1/6/2014 9:23:51 PM
I thought Infinite was the least interesting of the Bioshock series, to be honest. It started out great, but then just becomes a bland retread of the same gameplay from the previous games.
#24TimePharaohPosted 1/6/2014 11:33:45 PM
Ch3wy posted...
The first one was excellent at the time, but hasn't aged that well. Still worth a play.

lolwut

Ch3wy posted...
Infinite is great, although some aspects are a little more dumbed down.

By "some" did you mean "literally every single way"?
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#25axelfooley2k5Posted 1/7/2014 8:54:07 AM
1 is a classic
2 is nothing special
3 is one of the better games of 2013

1>>>>>>>>>>>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2
---
Guys! You gotta make it sexy. Hips and Nips, Otherwise i'm not eatin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54GV2qS3tL4
#26Ch3wyPosted 1/7/2014 8:58:40 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
Ch3wy posted...
The first one was excellent at the time, but hasn't aged that well. Still worth a play.

lolwut

Have you even played it recently? Right after playing Infinite the mechanics felt awful.

No, if I said that the sentence would be a grammatical mess and become nearly incomprehensible.

"Although literally every single way aspects are a little more dumbed down".

I don't know why you think that would be a better choice.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#27PraetorXynPosted 1/7/2014 9:41:59 AM(edited)
Ch3wy posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Ch3wy posted...

lolwut

Have you even played it recently? Right after playing Infinite the mechanics felt awful.

No, if I said that the sentence would be a grammatical mess and become nearly incomprehensible.

You're arguing semantics rather than refuting his point. The sentence can be reconstructed to make grammatical sense.

There isn't a single aspect of Infinite (other than its plot, which is flawed due to developers having a poor understanding of time travel and the infinite worlds theory) that isn't less complex than its predecessors.

Partially regenerating health.
Two weapon cap.
Most of the guns feel the same.
Like Plasmids, a lot of the Vigors feel the same.
No concept like ADAM management.
Invincible companion that gives you health, salts, and ammo whenever you need it, and often times when you don't.
No permanent hacking.
No research.
<strike>No tonics or anything similar.</strike> I forgot about the equipment, but it's arguably less complex than gene tonics since you don't have to worry about slots.
Handymen were few and far between, and a poor substitute for Big Daddies.
Levels were FAR more linear.
They didn't do anything interesting with the sky rail system, which I felt had a lot of potential.
Lack of choices; all choices are just binary button presses that have no significance on anything. Particularly the carnival scene where you choose who to throw the ball at. It's a FPS, and they didn't feel we could use the controls to throw a ball.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#28Ch3wyPosted 1/7/2014 9:40:55 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
Ch3wy posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Ch3wy posted...

lolwut

You're arguing semantics rather than refuting his point. The sentence can be reconstructed to make grammatical sense.

There isn't a single aspect of Infinite (other than its plot, which is flawed due to developers having a poor understanding of time travel and the infinite worlds theory) that isn't less complex than its predecessors.

Partially regenerating health.
Two weapon cap.
Most of the guns feel the same.
Like Plasmids, a lot of the Vigors feel the same.
No concept like ADAM management.
Invincible companion that gives you health, salts, and ammo whenever you need it, and often times when you don't.
No permanent hacking.
No research.
No tonics or anything similar.
Handymen were few and far between, and a poor substitute for Big Daddies.
Levels were FAR more linear.
They didn't do anything interesting with the sky rail system, which I felt had a lot of potential.
Lack of choices; all choices are just binary button presses that have no significance on anything. Particularly the carnival scene where you choose who to throw the ball at. It's a FPS, and they didn't feel we could use the controls to throw a ball.

I think the semantics were his whole point, he's a picky guy.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#29DiviDudePosted 1/7/2014 10:07:03 AM
...why do people who hate this game always come off as so neckbeardy? Am I the only one seeing it that way?
#30PraetorXynPosted 1/7/2014 10:12:14 AM
DiviDude posted...
...why do people who hate this game always come off as so neckbeardy? Am I the only one seeing it that way?

Most people don't hate it. They just consider it a disappointment because it took several steps backwards from its predecessors and several steps towards CoD.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png