This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Card like games. Anyone an expert here?

#1happyscrub1Posted 1/6/2014 7:58:14 PM
There is magic the gathering and a lot of clones out there. What's the best ones?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/256410/?snr=1_200_200_252_tab-NewReleasesFilteredDLC_3

http://store.steampowered.com/app/213850
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#2-5xad0w-Posted 1/6/2014 8:03:19 PM
A good free TCG that you can play without having to invest real money (though that would speed things up) is Shadow Era.

It's cross platform between PC (web based) and mobile platforms.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#3TowerBooks3192Posted 1/6/2014 8:17:43 PM
Only decent ones that capture the feel of the real thing are the yugiohs for the DS. If you want something like StrategyxCardgame then I would suggest armageddon empires from cryptic comet.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#4jokujokujokuPosted 1/6/2014 9:11:27 PM
There's Forge (formerly MTG Forge). It's a Magic the Gathering client. What separates this game from other MTG games is the staggering number of supported cards for use against an AI opponent. The latest build supports 13412 cards which is more than 98% of all MTG cards ever made. It also supports several different gameplay variants including constructed, booster draft, sealed deck, gauntlets, archenemy, vanguard, planechase, commander, and it's own quest mode. It can be a bit buggy sometimes, but it's under constant development. It's also free.
#5TowerBooks3192Posted 1/6/2014 10:29:05 PM
jokujokujoku posted...
There's Forge (formerly MTG Forge). It's a Magic the Gathering client. What separates this game from other MTG games is the staggering number of supported cards for use against an AI opponent. The latest build supports 13412 cards which is more than 98% of all MTG cards ever made. It also supports several different gameplay variants including constructed, booster draft, sealed deck, gauntlets, archenemy, vanguard, planechase, commander, and it's own quest mode. It can be a bit buggy sometimes, but it's under constant development. It's also free.

Did you just said free and against the AI? and most cards ever made? please pm me more info about this. I might relive the glory days of my samurai deck that was stolen from me back in highschool.
---
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
#6stmstrPosted 1/6/2014 10:56:43 PM
TowerBooks3192 posted...
jokujokujoku posted...

Did you just said free and against the AI? and most cards ever made? please pm me more info about this. I might relive the glory days of my samurai deck that was stolen from me back in highschool.

It's basically piracy. Obviously not officially supported, and it's basically hurting WotC.

Every kid and poor adult knows about it though. It's been a standard for a while.
#7Ork_HeroPosted 1/6/2014 11:03:01 PM
I've heard good things about Hearthstone.
---
'Ere we go!
UK gamer girl
#8uankainkPosted 1/6/2014 11:03:06 PM
jokujokujoku posted...

how is it compared to wololo's wagic?
i always used wagic but find some card quite buggy
#9KeeperofthedarkPosted 1/6/2014 11:05:17 PM
Ork_Hero posted...
I've heard good things about Hearthstone.

Hearthstone is pretty good. I got in the beta, and it's quite enjoyable. I'd recommend it.