This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

1440p/120hz+/Gsync - PG278Q

#1PerpetualPanikPosted 1/7/2014 1:19:41 AM
ROG SWIFT PG278Q

Display: 27-inch WQHD 2560 x 1440 (16:9)
Narrow 6 mm bezel designed for multi-monitor setups
Pixel Pitch: 0.233 mm
Brightness: 350 cd/mē
Display Colors: 16.7M
Refresh Rate: Over 120 Hz
Response Time: 1 ms (GTG)
Connectivity: 1 x DisplayPort 1.2, 2 x USB 3.0 ports
Stand Adjustments: tilt (+20° ~ -5°), swivel (+60° ~ -60°), pivot (90° clockwise), height adjustment (0 ~ 120 mm)
VESA-wall mountable (100 x 100 mm)
Special ASUS Features: GamePlus and 5-way joystick OSD navigation
---
i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz / 1.41v | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | ASUS GTX TITAN
#2chris121691Posted 1/7/2014 1:21:45 AM
Sexy.
Wonder how much it'll cost.
#3arleasPosted 1/7/2014 1:22:43 AM
Wonder how much it'll cost.

I've heard quotes in the $800 range.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#4chris121691Posted 1/7/2014 1:25:02 AM
Is it an ips?
#5Snuckie7Posted 1/7/2014 1:28:11 AM
A TN monitor for the low cost of $800!
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | - | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#6ConkerPosted 1/7/2014 2:03:51 AM
Wow, I've had my Catleap running at 120hz going on 2 years in a couple months...and to think I only paid $350, what a steal! Perfect panel with no dead pixels or anything.

Why does the listing for why it's not IPS say because the response rate is not fast enough to react at the refresh rate required, when there are other IPS panels that have worked fine at 120+hz? The part after that says they can't reliably achieve it without affecting picture quality, but does anyone else think that's BS? People with calibrated Catleaps running at 120+hz have said the picture quality is top notch with very low response times and sites have done tests for lag and the response time has been very fast (<2ms) because of the very basic PCB and OSD controls to keep any delay to a minimum, etc.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/7/2014 2:32:33 AM
Conker posted...
Wow, I've had my Catleap running at 120hz going on 2 years in a couple months...and to think I only paid $350, what a steal! Perfect panel with no dead pixels or anything.

Why does the listing for why it's not IPS say because the response rate is not fast enough to react at the refresh rate required, when there are other IPS panels that have worked fine at 120+hz? The part after that says they can't reliably achieve it without affecting picture quality, but does anyone else think that's BS? People with calibrated Catleaps running at 120+hz have said the picture quality is top notch with very low response times and sites have done tests for lag and the response time has been very fast (<2ms) because of the very basic PCB and OSD controls to keep any delay to a minimum, etc.

Because the response time of IPS panels isn't generally fast enough that the pixels will transition in a 120th of a second.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#8ConkerPosted 1/7/2014 2:55:05 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Conker posted...

Because the response time of IPS panels isn't generally fast enough that the pixels will transition in a 120th of a second.

You really didn't actually say anything different than what I posted.

Also, "isn't generally fast enough" isn't really indicative of much. Are you suggesting that it would just be too costly for them to produce an IPS panel that is fast enough for the market they're targeting, or that it isn't possible at all to keep an acceptable level of quality? How much do you really lose by doing so? From what I've looked into it, it just doesn't seem to be the case and they can do 120hz just fine for what most users consider good quality.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#9Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/7/2014 6:02:04 AM
Conker posted...

but can your do catleap do Gsync?
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#10pitt12177Posted 1/7/2014 6:03:38 AM
Gsync, Vsync Lipsync, Nsync. It can do whatever it likes but not for 800 dollars. Thats a whole 'nother mid-range computer built right there.