This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Intel announced a PC the size of a SD card

#11PraetorXynPosted 1/7/2014 2:43:26 PM
arleas posted...
Wasn't Tesla the one who actually invented the Lightbulb? And Edison stole the idea? Can anyone confirm this?

Edison didn't Invent the light bulb... he just ran through a multitude of filament materials until he found one that worked better. The majority of his patents came from other people and he was just given all the credit.

I think it had more to do with electricity and wanting to be free and wireless by using magnets or something f***ing crazy like that. Edison took this and created the electric system as we see today.

Edison wanted DC to be the current of choice, and Tesla showed that DC was unfeasible because it couldn't be easily transmitted across long distances. Edison tried to make AC look bad by electrocuting an elephant (as if DC wouldn't electrocute anyone).

Edison was a class "A" Jerk.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

This. Edison was probably the biggest douche bag in history.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#12TheAlmightyCowPosted 1/7/2014 2:44:25 PM
arleas posted...
Wasn't Tesla the one who actually invented the Lightbulb? And Edison stole the idea? Can anyone confirm this?

Edison didn't Invent the light bulb... he just ran through a multitude of filament materials until he found one that worked better. The majority of his patents came from other people and he was just given all the credit.

I think it had more to do with electricity and wanting to be free and wireless by using magnets or something f***ing crazy like that. Edison took this and created the electric system as we see today.

Edison wanted DC to be the current of choice, and Tesla showed that DC was unfeasible because it couldn't be easily transmitted across long distances. Edison tried to make AC look bad by electrocuting an elephant (as if DC wouldn't electrocute anyone).

Ah OK!

Thanks!
---
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwXItLxvZ_0&feature=youtu.be
FC: 3866 - 8210 - 3222
#13nIMr0D888Posted 1/7/2014 6:11:41 PM
chrono625 posted...
arleas posted...

DC is also worse in the fact that if you get caught in a DC current you have a much harder time breaking from it since its a linear wave and not a fluctuating wave like AC.

DC used to be used primarily for machines and elevators but even now 99% of all currents are AC and not DC. DC is only prevalent now in solar power which people use inverters to make them into AC anyway.

The future is DC for usage and AC for transmission; AC has so many drawbacks it is not funny.
---
CAUTION: EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE
#14LordSeiferPosted 1/7/2014 6:45:37 PM
yeah we use DC all the time basically for every electronic device
---
^ this
#15Fade2black001Posted 1/7/2014 7:01:37 PM
How is this even practical? A PC that small is not usable. It cool they did it but that's about it. They would be stupid if they market this for consumer use.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#16StingyrayPosted 1/7/2014 7:14:59 PM(edited)
Fade2black001 posted...
How is this even practical? A PC that small is not usable. It cool they did it but that's about it. They would be stupid if they market this for consumer use.

Fifteenth post and first one to be on topic. I love GameFAQs.

I lied, it was Orestes417. Sorry, Fade.
---
Gaming. Mac. Pick one, not both. -HappyKhicken
#17Fade2black001Posted 1/7/2014 7:17:07 PM
Stingyray posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

Fifteenth post and first one to be on topic. I love GameFAQs.

I lied, it was Orestes417. Sorry, Fade.

Who cares... I said my crap and that's that. Its true though on what he said along with what I said.
---
#18Treason686Posted 1/7/2014 7:21:27 PM
Fade2black001 posted...

This is incredibly practical. A PC this small has so many uses. It cool they did this. They should really market this to consumers.
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#19Fade2black001Posted 1/7/2014 7:26:38 PM
Treason686 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

This is incredibly practical. A PC this small has so many uses. It cool they did this. They should really market this to consumers.

How can you even call it useful at all? The screen would be about a 4th of an inch big. It could get lost easily and broken easily as well. It no way in hell is it even close to being practical. Please explain how this would be practical.
---
#20PhilOnDezPosted 1/7/2014 7:32:57 PM
You're not supposed to use it as a computer with a monitor and keyboard, think of it as more of a controller board. You could use it in a 3D printer, a one handed guitar, all kinds of things. Check out Ben Heck's channel on YouTube, I know he's going to go crazy with this thing, he usually deals with stuff like Raspberry Pis, this thing has unlimited potential.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez