This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Razer's at it again by making over priced unnecessary things

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Razer's at it again by making over priced unnecessary things

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

3 years ago#1

Seriously, PC's are not that complicated that you need a customized solution that runs mineral oil for cooling.

This will be over priced, proprietary, and wholly unnecessary.

This lego like modularity at a huge price markup and proprietary technologies is the antithesis of what the entire PC architecture is all about.

Only fools would spend the money for stuff like this.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: electroflame

3 years ago#2
I like the idea, but until more than one manufacturer makes it, it will not be mainstream enough to have a pricetag that makes it justifiable.
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame

User Info: HighOnPhazon

3 years ago#3
Lets get mad about this guys
PC / WII U / 3DS
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650

User Info: Bigj089

3 years ago#4
Rabble! Rabble rabble!
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
Last Grand MageX2 3 years ago#5
This is actually the dopest thing I've seen in a while and I hope they don't hamstring it by making the docking method proprietary so you can only install razer branded modules.
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch

User Info: Senkoy

3 years ago#6
If Razer keeps making stuff like this it means people keep buying it. Not sure why you'd be mad at them for doing it.
My fight stick:
My team combos:

User Info: strongo9

3 years ago#7
The tech will be proprietary and overpriced. No thanks.
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce GT 540m

User Info: TheC0ndemnedOne

3 years ago#8
It is actually pretty cool but I'm waiting until more companies start doing similar things. Not really hyped about a Razer monopoly (or another Razer gimmick if it flops).
Steam: Sydite

User Info: blacklable1617

3 years ago#9
It does LOOK cool but yea its going to be way overpriced. Unless they make this competitive with the current hardware market it wont go anywhere. I love all of the new innovative things that are coming out but man they are sold with some really steep price tags.
i5 3570K | Asrock z77 extreme4 | GTX 670 FTW | 8GB Ripjaws | Barracuda 1TB | HIVE 650W | H80i | X4+Naga | Raidmax Augusta |

User Info: dragon504

3 years ago#10
If it gets popular enough and more manufacturers join in, this could be awesome for pc gaming.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Razer's at it again by making over priced unnecessary things

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived