This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The game I'm working on (Spark Rising) just got greenlit on steam :)

#1CpazrunPosted 1/7/2014 1:23:43 PM
Super psyched obviously. I've gone from making Minecraft mods to developing a "real" game in just two years... crazy.

I would post links to the game, but I think gamefaqs doesn't like that so I'll just encourage you guys to google it. It's a sandbox tower defence game that mixes in elements from games like Star Wars Battlefront.
---
Working on a voxel-based sandbox strategy game! Check it out at sparkrising.com
#2SinisterSlayPosted 1/7/2014 1:24:35 PM
You can post links since it's your own game.

But your description sounds interesting, I'll check it out when I get home.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3DerPancakePosted 1/7/2014 1:25:41 PM
Its you, Toby McGuire.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#4DV8ingSourcesPosted 1/7/2014 1:25:52 PM
Awesome job! I really really dislike the minecraft aesthetic but the actual game looks solid enough. Good luck with sales.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#5Cpazrun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 1:28:42 PM
Aha hello Mr. Pancake! Just for you I'll drop off this GIF of our new destruction engine! Our programmer had a really cool idea to make explosions in our game more explosion-ey and these are the results!

http://i.imgur.com/MmzLCmJ.gif
---
#6RubMyDuckyPosted 1/7/2014 1:29:52 PM
Congrats. By the way, you guys have the best developer name ever!
#7Cpazrun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 1:32:28 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Awesome job! I really really dislike the minecraft aesthetic but the actual game looks solid enough. Good luck with sales.

We're starting to acknowledge that people are getting tired of seeing voxel games imitate minecraft's look. We've got our artist and programmer spending all month looking into ways to bring more shapes into the game. Hopefully, with a new system that allows us to create and introduce simple geometric shapes into our voxel world, we can push beyond the "minecraft" aesthetic and into something way more cool.
---
#8sonic_man00Posted 1/7/2014 2:09:25 PM
If i can, I'll check it out.
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
#9Cpazrun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 3:09:30 PM
RubMyDucky posted...
Congrats. By the way, you guys have the best developer name ever!

Thanks man, you've got a great username too!
---
#10Marioface5Posted 1/7/2014 3:24:33 PM
Congratulations, it looks awesome! Is there (or will there be) any way to donate or pre-order or whatever to get the Kickstarter rewards (specifically the $35 or $45 or whatever it is tier) for those who missed it? I've always disliked it when games have exclusive in-game content, and missing out on stuff just because you didn't hear about a game soon enough isn't exactly great. If you provide the option I will happily pay whatever was asked for during the Kickstarter though.

I like the idea of the gem system for sharing; it's a lot like what ManiaPlanet does with their games. No real money will be involved aside from the initial purchase and any DLC though, right?
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5