This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got a new mouse.... its different

#1ScodyPosted 1/7/2014 4:33:08 PM
All Ive ever used before was a cheap $5 logitech wired mouse, no complaints about it. I just got a new logitech wireless mouse and keyboard (MK710).

Ive only been using the mouse for about 40 minutes, but I just cant seem to get use to it. It doesn't seem precise or something, I just dont have the accuracy that I did with my old mouse, and im just talking about browsing the internet at this point. Is it just going to take same practice, or is there something that im missing?
---
Does anyone here ever ask their parents for advice on anything? - InfiniteFox
CE has replaced my parents - Omnieval
#2ClouddxPosted 1/7/2014 4:37:29 PM
With wireless connections you are ALWAYS going to have more input lag. Input lag is the reason it feels weird and imprecise. The only solution to this is to buy a wired mouse, the g400s is an excellent mouse.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#3BogePosted 1/7/2014 4:41:56 PM
The crappiest mouse I've had was an old Microsoft ball mouse, then optical, then I went gaming mice with the Logitech G5, G500, and now G400s.

Thinking back, that old Microsoft optical mouse was sweet. I don't think I'm one that requires all the bells and whistles of a gaming mouse. Just give me a couple of buttons on the side and I'm good.

However, with this G400s, everyone talks about the sensor being the best. A couple of weeks ago I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 and it just felt right. It felt like my movement was spot on with exactly where I wanted it to be. I never had issues with other mice, but something just felt better that day.
---
And so he prophesied that the sheeple will follow the stupid, and the stupid will rule the Earth.
#4ClouddxPosted 1/7/2014 4:44:52 PM
Boge posted...
The crappiest mouse I've had was an old Microsoft ball mouse, then optical, then I went gaming mice with the Logitech G5, G500, and now G400s.

Thinking back, that old Microsoft optical mouse was sweet. I don't think I'm one that requires all the bells and whistles of a gaming mouse. Just give me a couple of buttons on the side and I'm good.

However, with this G400s, everyone talks about the sensor being the best. A couple of weeks ago I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 and it just felt right. It felt like my movement was spot on with exactly where I wanted it to be. I never had issues with other mice, but something just felt better that day.

That or the Deathadder or the IMO1.1a or the Zowie AM or the IMO3.0 or the WMO1.1a =P
---
#5Scody(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 4:48:50 PM
Clouddx posted...
With wireless connections you are ALWAYS going to have more input lag. Input lag is the reason it feels weird and imprecise. The only solution to this is to buy a wired mouse, the g400s is an excellent mouse.

I just did one of those reaction time tests with both my new wireless and old wired mouse, and I scored the exact some on both.

The wired one seems more steady or something, while the wireless seems more jittery or something when I am trying to be precise.
---
#6ClouddxPosted 1/7/2014 4:50:31 PM(edited)
Scody posted...
Clouddx posted...

I just did one of those reaction time tests with both my new wireless and old wired mouse, and I scored the exact some on both.

The wired one seems more steady or something, while the wireless seems more jittery or something when I am trying to be precise.

Could also be the sensor, as I know some mice I've used like the Naos 5000 don't like black cloth and will skip around. You'll notice it more and more as you turn the sens down I believe.
---
#7KillerTrufflePosted 1/7/2014 4:50:28 PM
Could just be a low-quality sensor on it that doesn't do well on the surface you're using. Not all sensors work ideally on all surface types...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#8Scody(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 4:53:53 PM
SO what is the ideal material for mouse pad / surface? Is there a particular color?
---
#9ShubPosted 1/7/2014 4:55:27 PM
Scody posted...
SO what is the ideal material for mouse pad / surface? Is there a particular color?

It totally depends on the sensor of the mouse, there's not really an "ideal" although any gaming mouse pad certified for optical and laser mice should work fine.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#10Scody(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 4:58:53 PM
Alright thanks. The main thing I am having problems with is making fine adjustments, like moving just a few milimeters to one side. Gross movements are fine, its things like spell correcting with a right click over a word that seem to be difficult
---