This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got a new mouse.... its different

#11ShubPosted 1/7/2014 6:03:35 PM
Can the mouse's DPI setting be adjusted? Probably not unless it's a gaming mouse, but you can look into that.
You might also check that the pointer speed setting in Control Panel is set to the 6th setting, and experiment with the "enhance precision" setting on or off to see what works best for you. Outside of that I don't really have much advice. I have an unreasonable hatred of wireless mice so I'm like to blame your problems on that even though that may not be the cause of your problem.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#12Scody(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 6:06:24 PM
I think I may have found the problem. On this mouse the sensor is not right in the middle, its on the top right. A lot of other people seem to be having similar complaints to me. When you try to make fine adjustments with your wrist, it moves differently than if the sensor was right in the middle.

This is dumb >.>
---
Does anyone here ever ask their parents for advice on anything? - InfiniteFox
CE has replaced my parents - Omnieval
#13jakeDiLLaPosted 1/7/2014 6:08:18 PM
Try changing the Enhance Pointer Precision setting in control panel > Mice. I've had two mice where one worked better with it on and the other off.

Although wireless mice are crap for gaming, so that's probably your problem.
#14ShubPosted 1/7/2014 6:08:36 PM
I don't know about that being a factor. The sensor of my mouse is not in the center either, although it's not completely off center either. It's near the top of the mouse, but at a location roughly in line with the middle of the mouse if you were to split it in two lengthwise.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#15Scody(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 6:12:56 PM
jakeDiLLa posted...
Try changing the Enhance Pointer Precision setting in control panel > Mice. I've had two mice where one worked better with it on and the other off.

Although wireless mice are crap for gaming, so that's probably your problem.

Like I said earlier, I havnt even tried gaming, this is just with web browsing
---
#16Scody(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 6:14:29 PM
Shub posted...
I don't know about that being a factor. The sensor of my mouse is not in the center either, although it's not completely off center either. It's near the top of the mouse, but at a location roughly in line with the middle of the mouse if you were to split it in two lengthwise.

Heres a picture of my mouse. How similar is it to yours in sensor placement?

http://i.imgur.com/XPNO9JG.jpg
---
#17aak57Posted 1/7/2014 6:22:41 PM(edited)
I actually used that same mouse and had the same issue. Simply responded like crap, even though it wasn't due to lag. Seemed to have an obscene amount of prediction built-in. My guess is that it just has a bottom-tier sensor but maybe a specific color of mousepad would help it to not track like poop.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#18Scody(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 6:25:34 PM(edited)
aak57 posted...
I actually used that same mouse and had the same issue. Simply responded like crap, even though it wasn't due to lag. Seemed to have an obscene amount of prediction built-in. My guess is that it just has a bottom-tier sensor but maybe a specific color of mousepad would help it to not track like poop.

Thanks. Now that im looking into it more, there seem to be many complaints about the exact same issues that I am having. It blows my mind that this sensor is worse than my cheap ass $5 wired mouse, as well as my $15 wireless mouse I use for my laptop, both of which are logitech as well. This is really unfortunate because I really like the keyboard, as well as the ergonomics of the mouse, but I might have to take it back if I cant learn to live with the imprecision.
---
#19ClouddxPosted 1/7/2014 6:28:16 PM
Scody posted...
aak57 posted...

Thanks. Now that im looking into it more, there seem to be many complaints about the exact same issues that I am having. It blows my mind that this sensor is worse than my cheap ass $5 wired mouse, as well as my $15 wireless mouse I use for my laptop, both of which are logitech as well. This is really unfortunate because I really like the keyboard, as well as the ergonomics of the mouse, but I might have to take it back if I cant learn to live with the imprecision.

Probly because this is a LAZER mouse and the other one is optical. Optical sensors are just way better for precision as of the moment.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#20ShubPosted 1/7/2014 6:35:35 PM
Scody posted...
Heres a picture of my mouse. How similar is it to yours in sensor placement?

http://i.imgur.com/XPNO9JG.jpg

Not similar at all!
I don't feel like taking a picture right now but flip your mouse upside down, imagine a vertical line splitting the mouse in two roughly equal halves, and my sensor is located on that line, about an inch from where the cable meets the mouse.
---
-What is best in life?