This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Rising is GOTY for the second year in a row.

#1ShadowThaReaperPosted 1/9/2014 11:29:47 AM
Unprecedented!
#2Arsene-LupinPosted 1/9/2014 11:43:43 AM
Is it?

I didn't think it was anyones' GotY for 2013. 2013 had way too many really good games.
Also, is the PC version really all that good? First-time PC port from a Japanese developer usually spells horridly unoptimized, buggy mess.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#3lolamericansPosted 1/9/2014 11:46:00 AM
cant wait to play it later lol
#4Ep1taph303Posted 1/9/2014 11:46:08 AM
Arsene-Lupin posted...
Is it?

I didn't think it was anyones' GotY for 2013. 2013 had way too many really good games.
Also, is the PC version really all that good? First-time PC port from a Japanese developer usually spells horridly unoptimized, buggy mess.

Runs silky smooth for me, everything maxed 60fps constant
#5Killah PriestPosted 1/9/2014 11:53:46 AM(edited)
It will probably lag during certain sections when you cut things into a zillion little pieces but its great so far.

ohh yea just tested it, slide show status once you get to like 600ish pieces.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6Mogu_MoguPosted 1/9/2014 11:51:29 AM
Ep1taph303 posted...
Arsene-Lupin posted...
Is it?

Runs silky smooth for me, everything maxed 60fps constant

How are the controls for keyboard/mouse. Or do you need a control pad to really play it nicely.

Ace Combat sucked on PC thanks to the stupid unoptimized PC controls.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#7promo123Posted 1/9/2014 1:12:32 PM
Killah Priest posted...
It will probably lag during certain sections when you cut things into a zillion little pieces but its great so far.

ohh yea just tested it, slide show status once you get to like 600ish pieces.

Why would it be so slow on a PC and not on the consoles?
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#8Ryan SiPosted 1/9/2014 1:20:24 PM
Funny...it's not even on my radar. Not only does it take the Metal Gear story into unnecessary and completely ridiculous directions (started in MGS4)...but it's not even that great of a game...average at best. Not even a game I would replay.
---
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PC), Bit.Trip Runner 2 (PC), The Last Story (Wii)
#9Killah PriestPosted 1/9/2014 1:32:47 PM
Why would it be so slow on a PC and not on the consoles?

It lags significantly on consoles when you get to a good amount of pieces.

PC version significantly increased the amount of pieces you can cut things into.

also I was exaggerating with slide slow status lol
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#10YoungAdultLinkPosted 1/9/2014 1:38:46 PM
PC version seems to run great, according to he steam forums, 60 FPS on old i3s, drops into the 50s when you spam the cutting attack. Only 2 issues keep coming up, and it's with some driver support; some peoples' tvs go into 24 HZ mode and some get it in 1080i instead of 1080p.

Then there's the fact that it has an unadvertised always-on requirement.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya