This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Cooling Solution do you prefer?

#21MC RaZaRPosted 1/9/2014 9:17:56 PM
Heatsink for me. Haven't tried water cooling yet.
---
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
#22PsythikPosted 1/10/2014 2:45:51 AM
KamenRiderBlade posted...
Psythik posted...
KamenRiderBlade posted...
GTRagnarok posted...
I had a full loop for a month, and it was amazing. If I were to build a PC again, that's definitely what I'd go with.

For a month?

What happened to it?
I think you can guess what happened to it. That's the reason why I avoid liquid cooling.

You have my condolences, hopefully you didn't lose any parts?
I'm not the same guy. I was just saying.
---
4670k OC | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#23exclusiveburnerPosted 1/10/2014 7:22:56 AM
The cheap option(the stuff it comes with). If you're not seriously overclocking, it's pointless.
#24aak57Posted 1/10/2014 7:26:47 AM
Honestly, I consider AIO coolers to be more similar to the air-based heatsinks. They're both easy to set up and offer generally similar performance. They're for people who want better performance than stock but don't have the money/interest to plan out and set up an entire closed loop system. And you don't even need to maintain AIOs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#25KamenRiderBlade(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 11:28:12 AM(edited)
exclusiveburner posted...
The cheap option(the stuff it comes with). If you're not seriously overclocking, it's pointless.

Even a low end HSF would be better than any stock cooler.

Keeping your electronics cool is good for the longevity / reliability of your CPU / GPU.

Even without OCing, there is still value in getting a decent or even bare minimum HSF.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
#26PokenubPosted 1/10/2014 11:31:17 AM
Well, I generally like a water based solution, especially in summer. Something like a nice glass of ice cool water.. OH.. You meant for my computer..

Fans all the way. I don't bother OCing, so the heat generation isn't that big of a deal to me and the fan I have is quiet enough for my fridge to be louder (and alot more annoying) than my computer would ever be.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#27PraetorXynPosted 1/10/2014 12:26:42 PM
Pokenub posted...
Well, I generally like a water based solution, especially in summer. Something like a nice glass of ice cool water.. OH.. You meant for my computer..

Fans all the way. I don't bother OCing, so the heat generation isn't that big of a deal to me and the fan I have is quiet enough for my fridge to be louder (and alot more annoying) than my computer would ever be.

That doesn't mean your fan is quiet. I used to have a mini fridge in my room, those things are just noisy as hell, and you've become used to it. I couldn't keep mine in there long without moving it to another room.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#28blacklable1617Posted 1/10/2014 1:57:16 PM
I use an H80i and I love the way it looks in my case but other than that it really doesn't have anything over some of the higher end air cooling solutions. Honestly the next computer I build if the H80i will fit I'll use it again but if I am forced to buy a new cooler it will be some sort of air cooling solution. I could have saved about $35 and gotten the same results with something else.
---
i5 3570K | Asrock z77 extreme4 | GTX 670 FTW | 8GB Ripjaws | Barracuda 1TB | HIVE 650W | H80i | X4+Naga | Raidmax Augusta |
#29SinisterSlayPosted 1/10/2014 1:58:30 PM
I put my computer outside, that keeps it cool.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence