This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Rising is a top seller on Steam right now.

#1luigi33Posted 1/9/2014 9:26:46 PM
Hopefully the good news keeps up. Maybe Konami will release other MG games on PC.
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
Steam ID: xcyper33
#2TimePharaohPosted 1/9/2014 9:29:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3ShadowThaReaperPosted 1/9/2014 9:36:17 PM
GOTY 2014

Tweet Sega and tell them to let Platinum port Bayo and Vanquish.
#4DV8ingSourcesPosted 1/9/2014 9:40:34 PM(edited)
It's really not too bad of a port all things considered.

2 issues I have/had.

1 the textures aren't up to par for todays games on pc.
and 2, it seemed to do the Crysis thing with my HDTV, as in it picks the lowest or first refresh rate available in fullscreen mode and that happens to be 24hz which ends up in plain black screen. I was able to create a custom resolution in my nvidia control panel to get by it but it shouldn't be needed.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#5Addonexus666Posted 1/9/2014 9:39:18 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
GOTY 2014

Tweet Sega and tell them to let Platinum port Bayo and Vanquish.

Seconded. Bayonetta and Vanquish are the only reasons I still have my Xbox. Maybe if MGR does really well, we'll get our ports.
---
Pokemon Y - 1719-4322-5753
o()xxxx[{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#6MangorushXIIIPosted 1/9/2014 9:48:27 PM
luigi33 posted...
Hopefully the good news keeps up. Maybe Konami will release other MG games on PC.

It won't.
#7TheBlueDeathPosted 1/9/2014 9:54:03 PM
DV8ingSources posted...

2 issues I have/had.

and 2, it seemed to do the Crysis thing with my HDTV, as in it picks the lowest or first refresh rate available in fullscreen mode and that happens to be 24hz which ends up in plain black screen. I was able to create a custom resolution in my nvidia control panel to get by it but it shouldn't be needed.

The textures aren't up to par?

I really hope you're trying to be elitist because they are definitely up to "par".

May not be amazing, but nothing to scoff at.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#8DV8ingSourcesPosted 1/9/2014 10:15:54 PM(edited)
TheBlueDeath posted...
DV8ingSources posted...

2 issues I have/had.

The textures aren't up to par?

I really hope you're trying to be elitist because they are definitely up to "par".

May not be amazing, but nothing to scoff at.

I may be biased after having played metro last light, AC4, and some Crysis 3 just recently but yes they are quite muddy and are most likely not improved at all from the console versions. Also the geometry in the game is quite simple.

Go cut up a car or look at a tree or wall... pretty trash texture quality. I don't mean to come off as elitist, I'm just disappointed in them not adding in higher resolution textures. Game is still a blast. I'm far from a graphics whore, and in fact I just recently replayed a fair amount of duke nukem 3d.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#9Auction SniperPosted 1/9/2014 10:24:14 PM
Since this is probably the first game that Platinum released fort he PC, I hope it might encourage them to make a PC version of Vanquish - it looks good on the consoles despite being sub720p, but it would look much better in proper HD.
---
Take a long look at Manderley's dead body. consider that my resignation; I don't have time to write a letter. - J C Denton
#10TimePharaohPosted 1/9/2014 10:33:04 PM
DV8ingSources posted...

2 issues I have/had.

Neither should playing on a TV. lol at pretending to have standards and then doing that.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png