This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Open world games discussion topic!

#1ghostwarrior79Posted 1/10/2014 1:32:52 AM
Let us discuss about any open world game Apart from the game meant for perverts and junkies and drug addicts (GTA)

one of the best sandbox games= Just Cause 2 aka "THE GTA DESTROYER!"

Runner up is saints row 3 or 4 (tall buildings + insurance FRAUD+ CUSTOMIZATION= EPIC-ness!)

Also, bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, there aren't many things to do in jc2! Also, do you like TALL HUGE buildings in open world games? I do because I can jump and watch the 3pic way my characters fall to their death or otherwise= >;-\

I like free roaming in urban environments like sr3/4!

JC2 has tons of mods! I'm gonna get sr3 full package VERY VERI SOON, time foh some insurance fraud and cheat codes!

DISCUSS ABOUT any free roaming game and about ANYTHING "free roaming game" related!

BYE! Time foh moar jc2 w/ mods, baby!
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! BATTLEFIELD 3 has offline Multiplayer with/against Ai bots on ALL maps and modes! (stock and dlc)
#2WyzeGyePosted 1/10/2014 1:37:44 AM
I like minecraft. Much better than Just Cause 2.

your opinion sucks.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#3MaxCHEATER64Posted 1/10/2014 3:11:32 AM
JC2 modded is one of the most fun experiences I've ever had, but honestly it gets old rather quicktly.
JC2MP doesn't have that problem at all. I've already put 40+ hours in it and I assume I'll keep playing for a long time.

GTA4 was a massive disappointment. I wanted to like it, I really did, but eventually I got to the point where playing the game wasn't rewarding at all.

---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#4WyzeGyePosted 1/10/2014 4:08:56 AM
neither are as good as minecraft
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#5Brass_EyePosted 1/10/2014 4:13:17 AM
Anyone know how good Minecraft is?
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqp4iFO441qg5fyl.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI3BFTc_Y4I
#6Bellum_SacrumPosted 1/10/2014 4:27:49 AM
GTA butthurt discussion topic.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#7MarceloSampaioPosted 1/10/2014 4:40:23 AM(edited)
I like the Saints Row series. In my opinion, SR2 is how the GTA should be. Not that I don't like GTA, but I had a LOT more fun with SR2 than any of the GTAs.

As for SR3 and 4... I don't compare them with GTA at all, since they have their own soul. They don't really feel like "enhanced GTA clones" anymore, but are actually fantastic goofy open world games with huge emphasis on the fun factor.

One thing that I love in them is how the world is REALLY open. Usually, many open world have closed bridges, or some kind of fake walls that restricts you for a while, and starts opening the world for you slowly. The Just Cause games are like that too, but the SR games, while having WAY smaller worlds, have a LOT more things to do, many mini-games, many things to see... and the tall buildings are really amazing. ;)

SR4, actually, is my GOTY of 2013. It felt like a dream that came true: a real open world game where you can feel like a super-human. Its goofy, and it wasn't made to be taken seriously, but SR4 is the most fun I had in a game in years! :)

Bellum_Sacrum posted...

You say like GTA is a God among games. Also... you know that a PS3 is cheap, right? Anyone who wants to play GTAV can get a PS3 for a few bucks.

And who needs GTA V when you can get GAT V?!? :D

Johnny Gat is THE man!!

---
:3
Brazil, country where the World Cup is more important than a basic health system...
#8Bellum_SacrumPosted 1/10/2014 4:44:12 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...

You say like GTA is a God among games.

I didn't, TC did. He was probably in tears while writing the first part of his post.

Seriously, grow up children. It's just a game.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#9MarceloSampaioPosted 1/10/2014 4:51:29 AM
Brass_Eye posted...
Anyone know how good Minecraft is?

I've played this for a while. Its fun, but gets boring fast. One of the reasons is because I played it in single player, and the game feels TOO empty.

The thing is: games like Just Cause 2 and Saints Row have amazing single player experiences. Minecraft does not.
---
:3
Brazil, country where the World Cup is more important than a basic health system...
#10TropicMoon10Posted 1/10/2014 4:52:13 AM(edited)
I played through Sleeping Dogs, LA Noire and Arkham City last year. I wouldn't even call LA Noire open-world tbh. Exploring for landmarks was fun and the overall look and feel of the world was cool, but I ended up using fast-travel most of the time.

Sleeping Dogs was great but I think AC gave me the most enjoyment. It did a good job of making you feel like Batman. I had a blast gliding around the city and doing side missions.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg