This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Quick DayZ questions

#1XeoldanPosted 1/10/2014 9:41:09 AM
I had a lot of fun with the mod and was curious about a few things before I considered purchasing the standalone version.

Have they fixed the controls and UI at all? The controls and HUD were just awful.

Is server selection any easier? It was a pain to find compatible severs a lot of the time.

Is there any improvement over the mod itself?

Thanks
---
PSN / SteamID: Riftmarked
3DS FC: 2466-1493-6482
#2pitt12177Posted 1/10/2014 9:43:29 AM
Yep, yep and yep. It's a little barren but all those things are being fleshed out.

Here's their changelog.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog
#3DinglesteedPosted 1/10/2014 9:56:43 AM
I never played the mod but the standalone is pretty fun. Sure there are some annoyances with bugs and whatnot but it's an alpha and I understand what that means. I say go for it if you enjoy the gameplay of the mod!
---
Playing: CoD: Ghosts (PS4), Forza 5 (XB1), Mario 3D World (Wii U), ETS2 (PC)
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571
#4tiger8191Posted 1/10/2014 10:04:17 AM
The controls are 98% the same. Biggest difference is your inventory is tab instead of G. I have zero issues with the mods controls so if you did then don't bother with the stand alone. This will never be bf4 or cod.

Servers are simple now. No idea how that will change. Still a year off till beta.

There's a lot if improvements but it's only what, 3 weeks into alpha? Zombies react differently. No more teleporting but they can go through walls. They are easier to run away from and easier to kill. At this time they also do not respawn. They are not a threat unless you are not paying any attention at all. Game still has optimization issues. Right now there are only 4 guns. Magnum, another pistol, mosin, m4. More will be coming as time goes by. I could go on and on but you can read the link the other guy posted.

And no they don't plan on changing the engine to make the controls more, well whatever you and others wish them to be like.
---
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
#5ThePCElitistPosted 1/10/2014 10:05:59 AM
tiger8191 posted...
The controls are 98% the same. Biggest difference is your inventory is tab instead of G. I have zero issues with the mods controls so if you did then don't bother with the stand alone. This will never be bf4 or cod.

Servers are simple now. No idea how that will change. Still a year off till beta.

There's a lot if improvements but it's only what, 3 weeks into alpha? Zombies react differently. No more teleporting but they can go through walls. They are easier to run away from and easier to kill. At this time they also do not respawn. They are not a threat unless you are not paying any attention at all. Game still has optimization issues. Right now there are only 4 guns. Magnum, another pistol, mosin, m4. More will be coming as time goes by. I could go on and on but you can read the link the other guy posted.

And no they don't plan on changing the engine to make the controls more, well whatever you and others wish them to be like.

You say optimization issues I laugh at you with my 60 FPS in Cherno and Elektro.
#6tiger8191Posted 1/10/2014 10:10:23 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
tiger8191 posted...

You say optimization issues I laugh at you with my 60 FPS in Cherno and Elektro.

I'm personally fine but all I read all day is people saying their massive rigs get 8 fps in Cherno. My weak 6300/7850 gets 50-60 outside and 30 in Cherno/electro. Fine for me. I only have clouds and PO pro turned off.
---
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver