This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ever dealt with video game addiction?

#11-5xad0w-Posted 1/10/2014 10:13:14 AM
Nope.

Too busy playing games to deal with stuff.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#12KURRUPTORPosted 1/10/2014 11:08:14 AM
I was single, unemployed, 210 pounds, living with my parents, and playing WoW about six years ago.

Now I am living with my gf of three years in a nice apartment, working about fifty hours a week, and about 170 pounds.

I had an addiction for sure, thank god I had a good friend that convinced me to move in with him, and then met a cute girl that made me want to start exercising and looking good.

I do still game quite a bit but other things generally come first now.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#13Cool_Dude667Posted 1/10/2014 11:08:52 AM
Yeah I was probably addicted to WoW from classic until beginning of WotLK.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#14VIP86Posted 1/10/2014 12:20:42 PM
Never was addicted, I would just play new games for a couple hours everyday when it comes out. There was time when I was younger, where I would play video games from the time I came home from school to the time I went to bed. I find that as I get older, I'm worrying about saving for a house and all that stuff, and don't have time to sit down and play more than 5-10 hours a week.
---
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750
#15daemon_danPosted 1/10/2014 12:54:28 PM
I've been addicted to games since I was like 10. It's a little less severe now than back then, but I used to neglect school work in order to play games. I still think about gaming a lot even when not anywhere near my consoles or PC. I almost always carry a handheld system to play during downtimes. The only time I'm not thinking about gaming is when I'm with a significant other. Unless they like games too, then it's kinda cool to talk about and play games with them. But In that context I'm still thinking about games with them. Whether that means anything, idk. I've played a lot less games lately than I used to, but I think it's mostly cause I want to do well in my college courses and work. At the height of my gaming, I would play anywhere from 4-12 hours a day. I was mostly addicted to RPGs. Final Fantasy, Fallout 1 and 2, Star Ocean, etc etc. I think a lot of it is because I had a pretty f***ed up childhood and videogames(rpgs specifically) allowed for a cathartic escape from depression and loneliness. As pathetic as that might sound. There has been no resolution, but I don't think it really hurts my every day life, at least now that I've got priorities straight and not neglecting schoolwork and such. Maybe that was the resolution, figuring out I could still game a lot and get things done. I dunno.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#16usdmike181Posted 1/10/2014 1:01:09 PM
I have been addicted since I was a kid as well. It has never really affected my work/school life but it has come close a few times and I partially blame it for a relationship that ended after 5 years.

Now I would say I am still addicted but I don't let it overwhelm my life. My wife also plays games but she is able to put her foot down if we have been playing too much. I am not a worst case scenario by any stretch of the imagination, but I can acknowledge that it is one of my many flaws.
---
3DS friend code Ajax: 2595-0429-7348