This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on E.Y.E:Divine Cybermancy?

#1Cool_Dude667Posted 1/10/2014 11:52:28 AM(edited)
Hows the co-op aspect?

Im thinking of picking up the 4pack which is 80% off right now on Steam.

The screenshots make it looks badass, I don't know how I haven't played this one before...
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#2-5xad0w-Posted 1/10/2014 12:11:20 PM
Never looked into it, but this blurb from one of the Steam reviews hooked me:

E.Y.E. is essentially a cyberpunk Deus Ex set in the Warhammer 40k setting. It's French and the translation is awful,

Cyberpunk
Deus Ex
Bad French translation

Sold.
---
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven
#3ghostwarrior79Posted 1/10/2014 12:16:36 PM
eye divine cybermancy maths-

crysis+deus ex+ninjas+SCI-FI+fallout+Frenchies+rpg+dismemberment+blood and gore=E.Y.E:Divine Cybermancy
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! BATTLEFIELD 3 has offline Multiplayer with/against Ai bots on ALL maps and modes! (stock and dlc)
#4KillerTrufflePosted 1/10/2014 12:19:53 PM
I have it, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Most of the people I've talked to who have played it have said that it's an intriguing game, and interesting, but with an extremely steep learning curve, illogical controls, some clunky game mechanics, and poor translation. Even with all that, some have still liked it, while others couldn't get past the flaws.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#5Cool_Dude667(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 12:22:08 PM
-5xad0w- posted...
Never looked into it, but this blurb from one of the Steam reviews hooked me:

E.Y.E. is essentially a cyberpunk Deus Ex set in the Warhammer 40k setting. It's French and the translation is awful,

Cyberpunk
Deus Ex
Bad French translation

Sold.

haha nice find, I just realized it has a demo too.

Another Steam excerpt:
"If the story is too confusing for you, I'll provide a rundown: You are part of an organization whose primary goal is to rescue space turtles. You travel the galaxy rescuing space turtles. That is all you need to know."

Sounds like they drew inspiration from Discworld or something :D
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#6spendog8Posted 1/10/2014 12:23:16 PM
I like it, has a high learning curve but you get used to it.
---
Brothers everywhere raise your hands into the air we're warriors, warriors of the World.
XFX 7970 DD CF, 1100T @ 4.0GHz
#7DiviDudePosted 1/10/2014 12:24:28 PM(edited)
I can't speak on the co-op aspect cuz I haven't done that yet, but here the review I wrote for it if you're interested

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/977142-eye-divine-cybermancy/reviews/review-151742

As mentioned, it tends to be a polarizing game because it's just downright weird in so many ways. But it you do end up liking it, then you'll probably find it immensely satisfying.

"If the story is too confusing for you, I'll provide a rundown: You are part of an organization whose primary goal is to rescue space turtles. You travel the galaxy rescuing space turtles. That is all you need to know."

I... don't know what that guy's talking about.
#8CatToyPosted 1/10/2014 12:25:54 PM
There's basically no tutorial and the game seriously needs one. There are systems stacked on systems and none of them are explained.

If you buy it, be prepared to dive into player made tutorials and guides, because the game is literally impossible to understand without them.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#9DiviDudePosted 1/10/2014 12:27:08 PM
CatToy posted...
There's basically no tutorial and the game seriously needs one. There are systems stacked on systems and none of them are explained.

If you buy it, be prepared to dive into player made tutorials and guides, because the game is literally impossible to understand without them.

Nah, it's possible if you have a great deal of patience for screwing around and trial-and-error. But yeah, to say the game does not explain itself adequately is an understatement.
#10ghostwarrior79Posted 1/10/2014 12:28:45 PM
eye divine cybermancy= one problem-multiple solutions (that's the assassin's dogma)
---
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior! BATTLEFIELD 3 has offline Multiplayer with/against Ai bots on ALL maps and modes! (stock and dlc)