This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a good RPG

#1AndehPandyPosted 1/10/2014 1:30:32 PM
I'm looking for something more story driven. I was looking at the Ultima series but it seems very intimidating. I was also looking at Quest for Glory on GOG. Anyone have any other recommendations?
#2daemon_danPosted 1/10/2014 1:32:19 PM
Played fallout 1 and 2 yet?
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#3MarceloSampaioPosted 1/10/2014 1:32:41 PM
Septerra Core. Great storyline, very good game.

The GOG version is great, but you may have some issues making the FMV scenes play in Windows Vista/7/8.
---
:3
Brazil, country where the World Cup is more important than a basic health system...
#4AndehPandy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 1:32:48 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Played fallout 1 and 2 yet?

I have :)
#5AndehPandy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 1:34:44 PM
MarceloSampaio posted...

The GOG version is great, but you may have some issues making the FMV scenes play in Windows Vista/7/8.

What kind of issues?
#6SinisterSlayPosted 1/10/2014 1:43:02 PM
AndehPandy posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

What kind of issues?

They don't play.

Has to do with getting quicktime installed.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7AndehPandy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 1:48:01 PM
Any other recommendations?
#8MarceloSampaioPosted 1/10/2014 1:52:48 PM
Ok, does if HAVE to be a PC game? If not, go try Dragon Quest V. Your heart will melt more than once in this game...

Else, try Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Its one of the best games ever made for PCs. ;)
---
:3
Brazil, country where the World Cup is more important than a basic health system...
#9GTL581Posted 1/10/2014 1:55:25 PM
don't let ultima intimidate you. ultima 7 at least may seem like a chore to get into, but it is a very fun game once you get the basics of gameplay down. i can't recommend it enough for someone looking for a good rpg. also you might want to try some of the infinity engine games like baldurs gate 1/2, planescape, etc. if you have not already.
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#10AndehPandy(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 2:06:46 PM
GTL581 posted...
don't let ultima intimidate you. ultima 7 at least may seem like a chore to get into, but it is a very fun game once you get the basics of gameplay down. i can't recommend it enough for someone looking for a good rpg. also you might want to try some of the infinity engine games like baldurs gate 1/2, planescape, etc. if you have not already.

I heard planescape is really good but idk...it's setting kinda turns me off. I'm more into that medieval adventurer setting. Right now the only game thats really peaking my interest is Shroud of the Avatar, which coincidentally is being made by Richard Garriot lol.