This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Adblock plus doesn't block youtube ads anymore...

#51halomonkey1_3_5Posted 1/15/2014 11:09:03 AM
sesshomaru_55 posted...
More power to him. Can't believe people complain about ads on a FREE service.

Its not free if I have to watch an ad
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#52KillerTrufflePosted 1/15/2014 11:18:07 AM
I do not watch TV because of ads. I refuse to subscribe to cable or satellite TV service because you're paying to watch more ads than actual content. I still remember the days when cable TV shows were ad-free, because you were already paying a subscription fee for the benefit of *not* seeing ads. These days, there's less worth watching, ads plastered everywhere, and it's just absolutely not worth it.

As far as Internet goes, I don't have much problem with discrete ads on the sidebar or something. When sites make a habit of auto-play video ads, pop-up ads, full-screen Flash rollover ads if your cursor touches even a single pixel, and all that other crap, screw them. If I know a site I visit is responsible with its use of ads, I'll add an exception for it. If a site has habitually used some of the worst possible advertising you can find on the Internet (I'm looking at YOU, GFAQs), I will not only never, ever whitelist it, but I make doubly sure it's blacklisted so I never see an ad there.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#53MarikhenPosted 1/15/2014 12:55:34 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
I do not watch TV because of ads. I refuse to subscribe to cable or satellite TV service because you're paying to watch more ads than actual content. I still remember the days when cable TV shows were ad-free, because you were already paying a subscription fee for the benefit of *not* seeing ads.

Fun fact. When TNT started up that sci-fi show of theirs', Falling Skies, they said the pilot was going to be "with limited commercial interruption." Their idea of "limited" and my idea of "limited" don't apparently match up as literally 40% of the air time for the two hour pilot was devoted commercials. You'd get six minutes of show and four minutes of commercial regular as clockwork.

The part that actually ticked me off enough to send them an e-mail was when the next episode had the exact same show:commercial ratio. I mean I know it doesn't violate truth in advertising laws, but that sort of thing sure pisses all over the spirit of them. :-/
---
"Before I send them to hell, I shall let them see heaven." - Claptonvaughn, http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605432-path-of-exile/68145584#11
#54KnifegashPosted 1/15/2014 1:23:25 PM
Moonse posted...
Kokuei05 posted...
sesshomaru_55 posted...
megamanzero1000 posted...
I read somewhere that the developer got bought out.

More power to him. Can't believe people complain about ads on a FREE service.

I have no patience for 30 second adds for when I want to watch a video that's 2 minutes long. I'm watching youtube not tv.

You can skip the ad after 5 seconds.

As someone who listens to a lot of ASMR related videos for relaxation purposes, a 5 second ad can almost deafen me and leave me shaken for hours.

If you aren't familiar with ASMR videos, they are often very quiet and soothing, often requiring headphones turned waaay up high to hear all the minor details in the audio and trigger the ASMR effect. I listen to these to help me sleep at night, so when a random car ad blazes some awful and loud music and some piece of **** narrator yelling in my ear as the next video plays automatically, I can say farewell to any chance of getting restfull sleep that night. Adblock is a must for me, as it and ASMR videos have helped me get a deep, restful sleep like nothing else.

I'm definitely with you on that. Keep on spreading ASMR!
---
Isn't that right, Zach?
http://tinyurl.com/5vsjbj6
#55KOTRwhoopsPosted 1/15/2014 1:39:47 PM
sesshomaru_55 posted...
DiviDude posted...
sesshomaru_55 posted...
Using adblock is the same as stealing.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Sure just mindlessly disregard it without leaving any reason why you don't see it as immoral.

What's the point in having a proper discussion with you when you are talking crap?
---
PLAYING - Knack (PS4), Tearaway (Vita), Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3), Dayz (PC)
MOST WANTED - Lightning Returns, Destiny, Dark Souls II, FFX/X-2 HD, Evil Within
#56LOLKNlCKSPosted 1/16/2014 11:24:21 PM
Same thing started happening to me (Adblock Plus) and I managed to fix it by typing about:plugins in chrome, going to Adobe Flash Player, enabling the PPAPI type one and disabling the NPAPI type one.
---
When your game smells like ass and your hand hits the glass, that's Amar'e!
New Knicks logo: http://i.imgur.com/39OmV3Q.png
#57SnipeStarPosted 1/17/2014 2:21:37 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
megamanzero1000 posted...
I use chrome btw.

I don't see ads on Firefox.

---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#58NemerlightPosted 1/17/2014 3:54:45 AM
hatmann40 posted...
I never see ads on youtube, huh.

Probably depends what you watch. Some of those "official" channels often haave ads.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#59Jason_HudsonPosted 1/17/2014 4:02:44 AM
I don't have ads on Firefox with it. Your settings might be off, or they might have changed it for Chrome (seeing that both Chrome and Youtube are Google owned). If what others have suggested don't work for you, try out Firefox, even if it's just for Youtube. Intrusive adverts need to die.
---
PC is the only place to play games at their true potential
1080p/60fps standard, upgradable, mods, FOV sliders, ultra graphics - it's backwards compatible too
#60Custers_RevengePosted 1/17/2014 4:32:44 AM
I'm using Firefox, what might be the problem is your filter subscriptions might be out of date and for whatever reason they didn't auto update. I had this problem with Blip for weeks, it would say to disable ad block and have a counter for 60 seconds and later I forget how longer they made it, still better than ads cutting off my videos and some producers having like 6+ short ad breaks. The way to update your subscription is:

Click Tools, Addons, then on the bar for Adblock click on the options, look for Filter Preferences, it opens in a new window and you see your subscriptions listed next click Actions and Update Filters. You should be back to not seeing ads.