This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you check the last deleted files?

#1MrXGamerPosted 1/10/2014 9:06:53 PM
I noticed one of my HDDs has 50GBs of stuff deleted all of a sudden. Never showed up in my recycle bin or anti-virus. I can't figure out whats missing. Is there a way to check what last files were removed from HDD?
---
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Crucial m4 SSD | Blu-ray | Win 7 x64
#2rpgianPosted 1/10/2014 9:13:28 PM
Not sure if you can but I'd download some recovery software real quick before downloading anything or doing much (to prevent it from being over written).

Recuva or something for a no $ option. Then I think you can sort by size,date, path,etc so you may be able to narrow it down.

Never had that happen before except one time I had a poorly programmed uninstaller for something that trashed everything that was in the same location and it gobbled up a ton of shortcuts before I stopped it.
#3MrXGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2014 9:46:25 PM
Hmm.... weird. It shows all deleted files in Steam. Huge chunks of data mostly related to their own games. I'm assuming this probably happened after their last client patch. Anyone else noticed more HDD space after their last client patch few days ago?
---
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Crucial m4 SSD | Blu-ray | Win 7 x64
#4ChromaticAngelPosted 1/10/2014 9:47:53 PM
MrXGamer posted...
Hmm.... weird. It shows all deleted files in Steam. Huge chunks of data mostly related to their own games. I'm assuming this probably happened after their last client patch. Anyone else noticed more HDD space after their last client patch few days ago?

a game may have received an update that made it more compact. it happens from time to time, especially with Valve games, and happened again somewhat recently with TF2. If you have that installed, that's probably what it was.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#5popping4itPosted 1/10/2014 11:39:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]