This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I know nothing about building a pc but keep hearing it can be done for > $500

#1MuintirPosted 1/11/2014 3:15:14 PM
Here's what I'm looking for

- can play games on good or high settings
- parts that are nearly universally compatible. I keep reading that certain cards or parts require you to make certain tweaks to certain games for them to run.
- can record/edit gameplay videos
- awesome looking pc case (minor thing for most people but I've always told myself if I actually get a gaming pc it will look badass)

I plan on upgrading some parts in a couple of months with tax money to make most games play on ultra or max settings . I also plan on gradually upgrading stuff every year with taxes until the pc plays everything on ultra or higher. So if possible some parts should be really good and won't have to be upgraded anytime soon while others can scrape by just to be replaced in a few months.

No monitor needed since its geting hooked up to my tv.
#2Muintir(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 3:18:47 PM
Also 8gb of ram pls
#3WyzeGyePosted 1/11/2014 3:25:02 PM

this part will likely bump you past the 500 mark.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#4phy2jshPosted 1/11/2014 3:31:38 PM
< $500
---
Posted using GameFlux
#5Muintir(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 3:31:55 PM
How much past? Im on the fence between getting a ps4 now and building a real nice pc when taxes come in. Or using the money to get a decent pc right now and then upgrading it and buying a ps4 with tax money.
#632x2zPosted 1/11/2014 3:32:20 PM
Muintir posted...

- parts that are nearly universally compatible. I keep reading that certain cards or parts require you to make certain tweaks to certain games for them to run.
- awesome looking pc case (minor thing for most people but I've always told myself if I actually get a gaming pc it will look badass)

I plan on upgrading some parts in a couple of months with tax money to make most games play on ultra or max settings . I also plan on gradually upgrading stuff every year with taxes until the pc plays everything on ultra or higher. So if possible some parts should be really good and won't have to be upgraded anytime soon while others can scrape by just to be replaced in a few months.

Do you need an OS?
#7Muintir(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2014 3:35:10 PM
32x2z posted...
Muintir posted...

Do you need an OS?

No
#8WyzeGyePosted 1/11/2014 3:51:43 PM
Muintir posted...
How much past? Im on the fence between getting a ps4 now and building a real nice pc when taxes come in. Or using the money to get a decent pc right now and then upgrading it and buying a ps4 with tax money.

Why don't you take the cost of a decent everyday use computer... then add the cost of a ps4 to the cost of the computer.

boom, you now have a budget for a sweet rig.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#9SlaynPosted 1/11/2014 3:53:00 PM
WyzeGye posted...
Muintir posted...

Why don't you take the cost of a decent everyday use computer... then add the cost of a ps4 to the cost of the computer.

boom, you now have a budget for a sweet rig.

This.

$800 is a good solid build.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#10Charlemagne08Posted 1/11/2014 3:54:16 PM
> means greater than so yeh anything can be achieved over 500 :)
---
3282-2142-0599 3DS friend code
Pokemon Y Name : Alex