This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can netbooks run the ds emulator

#1tiamat999Posted 1/13/2014 9:18:44 AM
My tablet is being a pain with the bluetooth controller so i need something else for an emulator machine
---
favorite animated shows the Venture bros, gargoyles, justice league, avengers EMH, godannar,Attack on titan,young justice,ragnarok, X-men evolution
#2ThePCElitistPosted 1/13/2014 9:21:09 AM
tiamat999 posted...
My tablet is being a pain with the bluetooth controller so i need something else for an emulator machine

Do they even make Netbooks still? The last I heard only Acer was really making them due to the Netbook crash last year. But to answer your question, no I don't think so. A netbook can emulate games up to the SNES era but beyond that it's a mess.
#3ajxhPosted 1/13/2014 9:27:47 AM
You could probably emulate N64 games, too. N64 emulators don't require much power at all.

A DS emulator, though, while it isn't much more graphically intensive than an N64 emulator, it probably still requires a little more oomph. If I recall correctly, DS emulation was a pain in the ass, even with a capable system.

You're certainly welcome to try, although I wouldn't get your hopes up.
#4r0ge00Posted 1/13/2014 9:30:49 AM
You can get a DS for dirt cheap and they're region free, why emulate?
#5MarceloSampaioPosted 1/13/2014 9:33:52 AM(edited)
Well, it requires a dual core CPU. I don't even know if Netbooks where made with dual core CPUs.

Anyway, the most recent version of DeSmuME, with dynamic recomplier, and a block size of 15 or more MAY run some games on a Netbook. Don't get your hopes up though.

---
:3
Brazil, country where the World Cup is more important than a basic health system...
#6ThePCElitistPosted 1/13/2014 9:37:32 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
Well, it requires a dual core CPU. I don't even know if Netbooks where made with dual core CPUs.

Anyway, the most recent version of DeSmuME, with dynamic recomplier, and a block size of 15 or more MAY run some games on a Netbook. Don't get your hopes up though.

There were Dual core Atoms made in 2011-2012 but they're probably still incredibly weak. The Atom CPU is only used in Tablets now and I can only think of one Tablet that uses it.
#7analogmanPosted 1/13/2014 9:53:01 AM
i know you can run ps1 emulators.
---
check my quote :DD
#8Kokuei05Posted 1/13/2014 9:54:43 AM
You can get a DS for dirt cheap and they're region free, why emulate?

This; plus the emulation isn't perfect. Especially the sound; you hear constant pops and cracks in various games that I've tried. This is when the game's running at full speed too. This was on the latest free no$GBA.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk
#9cancerstormPosted 1/13/2014 10:02:01 AM(edited)
my mobile pentium laptop from 6 years ago struggles to run desmume, but it can play some games alright until certain parts where it slows down considerably (usually the music, but game play affected sometimes affected too). current netbooks have celerons? atoms? or even amd e1s? newer tech but i don't think they'll fair better. desmume works fine on mobile i7s, even the ulvs but i don't know if the mobile i5s are good enough. bought a used ds lite for $40 last year and haven't looked at the emulator since

n64 and epsxe works fine though
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#10MarceloSampaioPosted 1/13/2014 10:01:39 AM
Kokuei05 posted...
This was on the latest free no$GBA.

Thats where your problem lies though. No$GBA has a HORRIBLE sound support. DeSmuME got a LOT better in this department.
---
:3
Brazil, country where the World Cup is more important than a basic health system...