This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Steam still sending emails when an game goes to sale ?

#1khalid_1990Posted 1/13/2014 8:19:15 AM
I have this option checked but I didn't get any email even during the holiday sales.

I checked the junk folder in my mail but there wasn't any.
#2SinisterSlayPosted 1/13/2014 8:21:29 AM(edited)
Only if your special.

My friend says he gets them all the time, I've never gotten one.

My theory is that it only sends one if it goes from
not on sale -> on sale

And doesn't send an email if it goes from
on sale -> on sale with better discount

But I've never gotten them at the beginning of a sale either.

I've checked my email history and I've only once been notified of a game sale in the last 2 years.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3FoxtheSlyPosted 1/13/2014 8:24:40 AM
You do if the game is on your wishlist.
---
I start to think, and then I sink into the paper like I was ink;
When I'm writin' I'm trapped in between the lines, I escape when I finish the rhyme.
#4khalid_1990(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 8:28:20 AM
FoxtheSly posted...

There are games on my wishlist.

And I also get these emails last year holiday sales.
#5SinisterSlayPosted 1/13/2014 8:28:28 AM
FoxtheSly posted...

I think that only slightly increases your odds.

Seriously I have lots of stuff in my wishlist, all of it was on sale at every single event sale and several times during weekly, no emails. Not one this year or last.
I only get emails for market sales and purchases. And I have the notifications enabled in my settings.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6DiviDudePosted 1/13/2014 8:29:31 AM
Yeah I don't get those emails with any regularity either, even though I have like 15 games on my wishlist. In fact getting the email is the exception.
#7Golden_GonadsPosted 1/13/2014 8:30:41 AM
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If a game goes on sale randomly, there's a good chance I'll get an e-mail, as part of a bigger sale though? I might get told about one or two games, if that.
#8El MagnificoPosted 1/13/2014 8:58:26 AM
I didn't get any messages during the Winter Sale. I'm guessing it's because practically every game is on sale and if you have a big wishlist you'll get bombarded with messages. For daily, weekly, and weekend deals I do get the emails and I got one last week.