This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SimCity finally getting offline mode.

#1KillerTrufflePosted 1/13/2014 10:38:01 AM
Maybe EA should look at giving Maxis a raise - they are apparently accomplishing "the impossible." SimCity's next patch is apparently adding offline mode, along with the ability to save, load, and mod at will without breaking the online system. EA's previous response to online questions was:

"The game was designed for MP, we sim the entire region on the server so this is just not possible."

Of course, I don't expect any response at all to this bull**** lie now that they're actually doing what's impossible.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/13/simcity-offline-mode-announced-will-be-added-in-next-update/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#2Rexdragon125Posted 1/13/2014 10:39:25 AM
Maybe they asked the pirates how they did it
#3DaedalusExPosted 1/13/2014 10:40:57 AM
There really should be some accountability here. How is it legal to blatantly lie like that?
#4bluezeroPosted 1/13/2014 10:45:26 AM
I still won't be buying it.
---
Of all the zeroes, I'm the bluest.
#5KillerTruffle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 11:01:19 AM
I'm torn actually. I'm still pretty pissed at EA pulling this stunt in the first place. There was NO reason to force it on people like they did, and they've bull*****ed us the entire way about how it "has" to be online and stuff. I don't want to support companies that pull crap like that.

On the other hand tho, I do like the SimCity franchise, and I want this change to register as a *good* thing with them. I'm hoping lots of people buy it once it has offline mode, just so they know they could have had more sales from the start if they hadn't been stupid. I'm concerned that if they patch offline mode in and no one gets it, they'll just use that as an excuse and say "see? No one cared about it being offline anyway." I want it to be clear to them that their initial stance was bad, and offline mode does have benefits.

I might buy it - on sale if I do - but I still haven't fully decided yet. The always-online crap was really the only thing turning me off of it.
---
#6bluezeroPosted 1/13/2014 11:04:37 AM
KillerTruffle posted...

I might buy it - on sale if I do - but I still haven't fully decided yet. The always-online crap was really the only thing turning me off of it.

So the horrible game mechanics and cash-in DLC are ok with you?
---
Of all the zeroes, I'm the bluest.
#7EA_PropagandaPosted 1/13/2014 11:06:56 AM
bluezero posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

Electronic Arts does not make "Cash in DLC", It takes a large team of people to make said DLC you call a cash in, Nevermind the fact that we released the DLC before the game was out, That was just a coincidence.
---
http://siliconbayounews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Electronic-Arts.gif
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/erikkain/files/2012/11/OriginsEA_logo.png
#8KillerTruffle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2014 11:09:51 AM
bluezero posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

What mechanics suck aside from traffic? That's the only thing I've really heard that's a problem.

As for DLC, I tend to ignore DLC on most games I play unless it's something hugely compelling, and I don't really care about the SimCity DLC. *Especially* since offline mode is supposed to allow virtually unlimited mod support now, so if the DLC added anything interesting/useful, I'm sure there will be mods for similar things at some point. The allowance of mods in SP mode is a big seller IMO.
---
#9r0ge00Posted 1/13/2014 11:16:52 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Scroe posted...
Too late

EA_Propaganda posted...

Sweet, a new EA apologist account to tag.
#10EpicKingdom_Posted 1/13/2014 11:17:38 AM
bluezero posted...
I still won't be buying it.

Same, they shouldn't have screwed us to begin with.
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos