This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Amazon ok to order for full build?

#1dATerXiesPosted 1/13/2014 11:28:34 AM
Ive always used tigerdirect just for the fact that i get stuff next day when going ground so even if i spent 10-15 more dollars i didnt really care. But looking at Tiger for my new build it seems they dont have nearly as wide of a selection of cases or ram that newegg and amazon offers.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with Amazon? Ive ordered a few things here and there from amazon (i have amazon prime) but have never ordered a full out build.

One time i accidentally ordered the wrong part from them and i was able to send it back really no questions asked and that always left me with a good feeling towards them.. if i recall they even gave me a call tag to send back for free. Plus i get free 2 day shipping.

Newegg ive only ordered a few times from and it seems whatever money i save i pay back right towards shipping costs (like what i have built right now is going to cost 30 bucks in shipping) which makes any money saved shot... and the worst part is it takes 4-5 days to get to me.

so TLDR:

Amazon ok for full builds? Or just stick with them for smaller orders?
#2MegaSlimePosted 1/13/2014 11:30:10 AM
I ordered a full build about 2 years ago. They split shipment into about 3 separate shipments, but no problems.
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#3DerPancakePosted 1/13/2014 11:30:19 AM
I ordered all my parts from Amazon and got no problems.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#4acangialPosted 1/13/2014 11:38:29 AM
95% of the parts for my build last year came from Amazon. Not a single problem with the order and my PC is functioning just fine 10 months later. In fact, I do a tremendous amount of shopping from Amazon. They don't always have the best price, but I am a Prime member, so 2 day shipping is free for most stuff. Also, their customer service and return policy & process is superb.
---
i5-3570K, GTX660 2GB, ASRock Z77 EXTRM4, CV 8GB DDR, Samsung 840 120GB, WD Caviar Blk 1T, XFX PRO750W, CM HAF 922, CM Hyp 212 EVO, Logitech G13 & G700
#5Treason686Posted 1/13/2014 11:50:34 AM
Considering Amazon is the largest online retailer in the world, fulfills millions of orders every day, and wins numerous customer service awards, I have a hunch that you'll be okay.
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#6PhilOnDezPosted 1/13/2014 12:08:46 PM
MegaSlime posted...
I ordered a full build about 2 years ago. They split shipment into about 3 separate shipments, but no problems.

This, but just one year ago (feb 13, 2013). Two shipments from two of their warehouses plus a case from another company (tigerdirect? I checked whoever's site it was that was offering it and their Amazon price was actually cheaper than their 'official' price) that I ordered through them and they all came in on the 15th.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#7blankempathyPosted 1/13/2014 12:12:19 PM
I love using newegg since their nearest facility in about an hour away. 3 day shipping or free shipping always turns into 1 day shipping for me.
---
I like video games.
#8codyorrPosted 1/13/2014 12:14:20 PM
This computer came from Amazon. No problems what-so-ever.
#9Master_BassPosted 1/13/2014 12:17:09 PM
Amazon is great. They have a much more consumer friendly return policy compared to Newegg. The only reason I don't order everything from them is because they charge tax in my state. That can get quite expensive when building a whole computer.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#10sonicteam2k1Posted 1/13/2014 1:07:58 PM
acangial posted...
95% of the parts for my build last year came from Amazon. Not a single problem with the order and my PC is functioning just fine 10 months later. In fact, I do a tremendous amount of shopping from Amazon. They don't always have the best price, but I am a Prime member, so 2 day shipping is free for most stuff. Also, their customer service and return policy & process is superb.

This all the way
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games