This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why all the hate for Razer?

#1gunner967Posted 1/13/2014 2:16:32 PM
Everyone always seems to bash Razer- but they make some quality products, like the mechanical keyboard I just bought from them.

I understand the price thing, but an equivalent Corsair to my Razer BW Ultimate is only $20 cheaper, and uses a different kind of switches that I tried and i preferred Razer's.

I would never buy their computers unless they drop the price for both by at least $700, if not $1k- $2500 for a laptop with a 765M is ridiculous; if you tried, you could get a desktop with a 780Ti or two regular 780s for that money.
---
Xbox Live- A Killing Pie ~~~ PSN- A_Killing_Pie
"I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!"
#2LoshadtPosted 1/13/2014 2:20:20 PM
Ridiculous price points for unnecessary rice, crappy build quality, and most of their peripherals don't do anything differently than their competition.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#3wizardmonPosted 1/13/2014 2:29:14 PM(edited)
gunner967 posted...
mechanical keyboard I just bought from them.

As a fellow user of a Razer mechanical keyboard, I'm so sorry for your purchase.

I hate this POS so much, but I'm going to keep using it till it dies to justify my 100~$ purchase.

The keyboard warped so I have to use a coin to stabilize it, the rubbers on the bottom all fell off, the D key broke inwards (but the cherry switch supplied to Razer continues to work, thankfully), the LED on the 1 key has been flickering for over a year, the keyboard quickly becomes a total fingerprint/dust magnet even if you clean it once a month. http://puu.sh/6jWqm.jpg, the USB and headphone ports are on the right side of the keyboard which is right where I use my mouse so that's completely ****ing useless (wtf razer development team, you're horrible).

Overall, it's got a lesser build quality than some of the 60-80~$ mechanical keyboards on the market from Newegg/monoprice.

By the way, Razer doesn't make the switches themselves, they buy them from Cherry - same with the Corsair keyboards you mentioned.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#4SampsonMPosted 1/13/2014 2:26:05 PM
They don't make quality products. I've bought about half a dozen Razer products over the last few years, all of them have crapped out on me in about 12-16 months. Will never buy another one again.

They're like the Beats by Dre or Bose of PC gaming peripherals. They sell you an image so you pay their absurd prices for low-quality products.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#5WaywardBiscuitPosted 1/13/2014 2:26:27 PM
The Razor Tartarus and the deathadder have been great for me. Build quality is great and ive never had a problem with them. I know their controllers suck but their mice and keyboards have been nothing but great for me
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#6NfuzedXGamerPosted 1/13/2014 2:35:54 PM
I use a Razer Sabertooth gaming controller for all my pc gaming used it over a year, I love it. HYper responsive buttons, analog sticks are perfect, no complaints. My buddy has a razer onza controller no issues either. I use a razer kraken headset for immersive gaming no issues.
#7dennis941012Posted 1/13/2014 2:36:55 PM
SampsonM posted...
They don't make quality products. I've bought about half a dozen Razer products over the last few years, all of them have crapped out on me in about 12-16 months. Will never buy another one again.

They're like the Beats by Dre or Bose of PC gaming peripherals. They sell you an image so you pay their absurd prices for low-quality products.

Bose makes quality products >:L just over priced
---
#8mogexpress1Posted 1/13/2014 2:55:07 PM
hipsters

deathadder is still one of the best mice out there
---
Daddy's home
Shut up gabe and take my money
#9SmoboHashPosted 1/13/2014 3:02:37 PM
they look gaudy and break faster than other devices. My Razer Blackwidow's glossy finish could not be clean for more than an hour, and they somehow thought that was a good idea for a keyboard.

There are legitimate reasons to hate them, but some of their products really are good.
#10Richardthe3rdPosted 1/13/2014 3:04:14 PM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
The Razor Tartarus and the deathadder have been great for me.

You literally just named the only 2 products they make that are even worth considering.

And honestly, the G13 by Logitech is a better game controller than the Tartarus (better build quality).

The Deathadder is one of the best mice you vs Can get, but again, Logitech's G400 is better and usually cheaper. I will admit that I vastly prefer the DA's shape.

Razer hasn't made a good keyboard since the tarantula, and even that was overpriced for what it was. At least it was of decent worksmanship.

Razer's build quality is HORRIBLE now, and I don't trust them anymore.
---
Nintendo: Want me to buy a WiiU?
MAKE A NEW F-ZERO