This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

female USB to aux

#11urtvPosted 1/14/2014 2:48:57 PM
get a real pair of headphone and you can
#12wizardmonPosted 1/14/2014 3:04:00 PM
Morph33n posted...
So theres no way to use it for my phone.

Correct, they are for PC only.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#13Morph33n(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 3:04:52 PM
urtv posted...
get a real pair of headphone and you can

Wow thanks. That was totally not the point of this topic. Iv have normal headphone but the new ones trump them by many miles.
---
Steam ID: _morpheen
#14Morph33n(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 4:08:21 PM
So is the a viable option to do so? I'd like to you them as portable headphones as my other ones such balls and the chord is like 12 ft long.
---
#15wizardmonPosted 1/14/2014 4:12:00 PM
Morph33n posted...
So is the a viable option to do so? I'd like to you them as portable headphones as my other ones such balls and the chord is like 12 ft long.

No, the headphones literally do not accept audio from a 3.5mm jack even with a adapter.

You see, when you plug that USB headset into your PC it's literally becoming a soundcard and the PC itself (motherboard audio, any actual soundcard you have) is being completely ignored since they just aren't outputting any audio to anything - just streaming data to the headset so that it can do all it's own internal processing.

To re-iterate, don't buy an adapter and hope it works, because it wont.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#16KillerTrufflePosted 1/14/2014 4:12:48 PM
As several of us have pointed out (with varying degrees of tact), I don't believe there's any way you can get those to work with your Android. They're designed specifically for computer.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#17KillerTrufflePosted 1/14/2014 4:14:56 PM
wizardmon posted...
Morph33n posted...

No, the headphones literally do not accept audio from a 3.5mm jack even with a adapter.

You see, when you plug that USB headset into your PC it's literally becoming a soundcard and the PC itself (motherboard audio, any actual soundcard you have) is being completely ignored since they just aren't outputting any audio to anything - just streaming data to the headset so that it can do all it's own internal processing.

To re-iterate, don't buy an adapter and hope it works, because it wont.

Not only that, they don't function until the drivers for it are installed. Adapting it to the headphone jack of your phone is in *no* way similar to that. They're completely, entirely different ways of processing sound. Your USB headphones are not accepting audio input through USB, they are *creating* audio input to send to the headphone's drivers. Like he said - the headphones literally are the sound card in that case.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#18Morph33n(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 4:49:17 PM
Alrifght. That's you guys so much for bearing with me. I very much appreciate it. If I could thank you all individually though some forum esque deal I would.
---