This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hows hearthstone?

#1locky723Posted 1/14/2014 1:53:43 PM
Also, i heard it's coming to IOS. Does that mean ipads only, or iphone and ipad? Also, are the cards you pay for worth it, or should i, when i play, just stick with nothing paid? Thanks guys.
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 1/14/2014 1:56:08 PM
I just got into the closed beta so I will let you know.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3AnatomyHorrorPosted 1/14/2014 1:59:51 PM
You'll get rocked if you just use the starter decks (imo). But you can earn gold or some sort of currency to buy more packs. You don't have to use real money, only if you're impatient.

I suck at the game so I quit hah.
#4Majoras_pantsPosted 1/14/2014 2:04:31 PM
It's ok. Really, really simple. Needs more cards. Everything feels like attrition. I enjoy it once in awhile but it's definitely still beta material and needs to expand before release.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#5pitt12177Posted 1/14/2014 2:05:57 PM
All the beta drones already mastered it. Coming into it now, you'll get decimated.

It was fun at inception. Now it's just addiction for those that are left.
#6Riot55555Posted 1/14/2014 2:08:42 PM
It's really fun, I've been playing a ton.
---
My competitive CS:S videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxqydBplX0&feature=channel_page&fmt=22
#7locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 2:13:29 PM
Do you guys know if itt'll be on all IOS, or just Ipads? Some articles said IOS but thats it, no spcefics on which ones.
#8r0ge00Posted 1/14/2014 2:43:04 PM
It's about as simple as a TCG can get. I wouldn't pay for anything as you can earn it all eventually. I'm sure it will get better over time. How much better is anyone's guess.
#9R i c kPosted 1/14/2014 2:45:40 PM(edited)
Hearthstone is pretty fun but I'm not all too convinced Bliz knows how to balance it... The latest patch notes nerf a tons of cards and only one was a reasonable change, IMO. They seem to want to nerf all cards that are popular but the game is new and the card pool is small so there will always be cards that stand out for their usefulness. The solution for more deck diversity is new sets of cards, not nerfing everything into uselessness.

So far, though, it's worth trying out. The in-game currency is pretty easy to come by so as long as you're patient you won't feel the need to spend much, if any, real money. There are no cards you have to pay for. You can buy packs for real money or in-game gold and you can buy Arena passes with real money or in-game gold. Arena is a guaranteed pack plus some other prizes so Arena is always worth it over standalone packs, IMO. You stand to win way more than you stand to lose in Arena.

pitt12177 posted...
All the beta drones already mastered it. Coming into it now, you'll get decimated.
It was fun at inception. Now it's just addiction for those that are left.

Yeah, screw all multiplayer games. Those that played from the start learned the game before you so there's no point playing... Oh wait, that's what MMR is for.

locky723 posted...
Do you guys know if itt'll be on all IOS, or just Ipads? Some articles said IOS but thats it, no spcefics on which ones.

They're targeting all mobile devices, AFAIK. It's not available on any of them yet, though.
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded, Hearthstone and others.