This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suggest a game on Steam that costs about 7.50

#11KillerTrufflePosted 1/14/2014 3:36:03 PM
CNLSanders posted...
Anyone know anything about the games in the Jedi Knight Collection?http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2103/

Like what? Totally worth owning if you don't already. What specifically do you want to know?
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#12it_r_over9000Posted 1/14/2014 3:37:10 PM
CNLSanders posted...
Anyone know anything about the games in the Jedi Knight Collection?http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2103/

I've only played JK2 and Jedi Academy but they're all great games the way I understand it. My experience with 2 and Academy is that they are incredibly fun for the lightsaber combat and force powers and such.
---
i7 4770k| Asus Z87 Plus| EVGA GTX 760 2GB| Corsair VengeanceLP 8GB (2x4)1866| EVGA SuperNOVA Nex 650G 650w| Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow White
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]
#13CNLSanders(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 3:39:55 PM
I prefer Star Wars gameplay more like The Force Unleashed where it is hack/slash where the action is quick paced. I enjoyed the story of KotoR 1 and 2, but I didn't like the slower combat. How's the combat in the games, and will the story be enjoyable for a Star Wars fan?
---
LoL-CNLAviator
Steam-longhairedjew03
#14dekouPosted 1/14/2014 3:41:33 PM
Darksiders 2 or the current Humble Bundle. Depends on how much you like standard action games vs. quirky indie games.
#15KillerTrufflePosted 1/14/2014 3:43:54 PM
KOTOR was an RPG with turn-based combat. The Jedi Knight series is all action-based. The first ones were similar to Doom or Quake - but with a lot more story, Force powers, etc. Still shooters. The later ones - Outcast and Academy - went to third-person for light saber combat but first-person for guns, but they're all still action/shooter games, fairly heavily story-based, with some light RPG elements in terms of upgrading Force powers.

They all play more like Force Unleashed than like KOTOR, for sure. If you're OK with the fact the games are a little older, they're excellent games. I'm actually debating getting the pack myself, just to tie them to Steam, since I already have discs of them. It would avoid the hassle of having to find the game disc and put it in to play.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#16it_r_over9000Posted 1/14/2014 3:47:39 PM(edited)
CNLSanders posted...
I prefer Star Wars gameplay more like The Force Unleashed where it is hack/slash where the action is quick paced. I enjoyed the story of KotoR 1 and 2, but I didn't like the slower combat. How's the combat in the games, and will the story be enjoyable for a Star Wars fan?

The Jedi Knight games are FPS/Third person when using a lightsaber with some simple puzzles and a bit of platforming with the force powers. The lightsaber combat is different in that its not based on a combo of button presses but rather on a button press and a direction of input. The way you are moving influences your swings. Its a very fun system, much more enjoyable than the Force Unleashed. The gunplay is meh. I believe its similar to Quake based on what I know so if you like that kind of thing you'll probably like it.
---
i7 4770k| Asus Z87 Plus| EVGA GTX 760 2GB| Corsair VengeanceLP 8GB (2x4)1866| EVGA SuperNOVA Nex 650G 650w| Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow White
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]
#17kingoffpsPosted 1/14/2014 3:50:24 PM
it_r_over9000 posted...
CNLSanders posted...

The Jedi Knight games are FPS/Third person when using a lightsaber with some simple puzzles and a bit of platforming with the force powers. The lightsaber combat is different in that its not based on a combo of button presses but rather on a button press and a direction of input. The way you are moving influences your swings. Its a very fun system, much more enjoyable than the Force Unleashed. The gunplay is meh. I believe its similar to Quake based on what I know so if you like that kind of thing you'll probably like it.

Indeed. Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy are much closer to being Jedi "simulators" than the arcadey style of The Force Unleashed.

In terms of the amount of control you get over your character, TFU was a huge step backwards.

They need to make a Jedi Knight 3. Big time!
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...
#18it_r_over9000Posted 1/14/2014 3:56:14 PM
kingoffps posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...
CNLSanders posted...

Indeed. Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy are much closer to being Jedi "simulators" than the arcadey style of The Force Unleashed.

In terms of the amount of control you get over your character, TFU was a huge step backwards.

They need to make a Jedi Knight 3. Big time!

I've been thinking this for years. Maybe it will happen with the new movies coming out thanks to Disney (and the these games take place after the end of episode 6, just like the new movie). One of my other wishes was for someone like DICE to takeover the Battlefront franchise and make a new one similar to Battlefield. Hell, even a Star Wars skin on top of BF would have been awesome, and now its happening.
---
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]