This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't Starve - Controller Issues

#1link1888Posted 1/14/2014 3:19:17 PM
Hey Guys,

Need a hand with something I can't seem to figure out.

I'm using my controller to play don't starve, but to place items I have to move the mouse cursor to where I want to place them.

This wouldn't be terribly inconvenient if the cursor disappeared when not in use, but it's always there, thus requiring me to switch between controller and mouse to place items.

Any ideas?
---
Im not afraid to die, My soul will travel on, You can't kill me, I'm Immortal
#2KillerTrufflePosted 1/14/2014 3:26:45 PM
The game was designed specifically for KB/mouse play, with controller support added after. I don't think there's any way to get rid of the cursor only when you don't need it.

Now you know how we feel every time we play a game and are prompted to "press [blue X button] now."
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#3link1888(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 3:37:37 PM
So there is no way for the placement of objects positioning to be changed by the controller? You need to have the cursor sitting somewhere on screen? How atrocious.
---
Im not afraid to die, My soul will travel on, You can't kill me, I'm Immortal
#4KillerTrufflePosted 1/14/2014 3:39:59 PM
Well, you *can* do it with the controller, but I believe the controller (right analog stick mapped to mouse) basically just emulates mouse input. It doesn't actually get rid of the cursor that I know of.
---
#5rusty12000Posted 1/14/2014 3:41:22 PM
You would think they would patch the game to allow a controller based system similar to PS4's version of the game.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#6BuburibonPosted 1/14/2014 3:43:55 PM
Is your game properly configured for use with a gamepad? Also, according to Don't Starve's page on Steam, controllers are only "partially" supported.

https://kleisupport.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1380441-how-do-i-play-don-t-starve-with-a-controller
---
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB 2133Mhz | GTX Titan @ 1136Mhz
#7KillerTrufflePosted 1/14/2014 3:45:37 PM
rusty12000 posted...
You would think they would patch the game to allow a controller based system similar to PS4's version of the game.

Didn't know they'd ported it to PS4.
---