This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like Crysis 3 was unfairly maligned

#11hakmiyaPosted 1/15/2014 9:14:55 AM
zhenghan posted...
wasn't it just a benchmark and not a game?

Yes, the main purpose of this series is to pirate, benchmark the new hardware you just installed, delete from hard drive.
---
"Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist."-Bellum_Sacrum
#12Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/15/2014 9:20:12 AM
Crysis 3 is more or less a hardware check, when you can run that game at great settings, you know you have a great performing gaming PC.

If you can't, you better check yo self, son and upgrade dat s***
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#13Monkeymage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 9:32:18 AM
I agree that the bow was overpowered and didn't make a lot of sense with regard to the tech available in-universe.

Also, I gotta disagree with anyone who says the stealth doesn't work in this game...like all of the other Crysis games, stealth was my go-to approach. If you used all of the stealth upgrades, you could stalk damn near anything in the game, including Ceph Stalkers. Near the end I also quite liked sneaking around and using enemy mines to kill enemies in cover or taking out the annoying spotters.

Enemy variety was also pretty decent....as I recall, there were like four total types of enemies in the original. I think Crysis 2 had more enemy types, however, and I would have liked to have seen more of those cloaking super-Ceph from the end of 2.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#14TropicMoon10Posted 1/15/2014 9:50:14 AM
zhenghan posted...
wasn't it just a benchmark and not a game?

Crytek in a nutshell
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#15torres007Posted 1/15/2014 1:42:57 PM
I feel all 3 of them handle well because they have great mechanics. They have potential to be great games but Crytek doesn't know how to put their great mechanics to use in a campaign.
---
Torres man get a sig.
#16DarkZV2BetaPosted 1/15/2014 2:29:00 PM
Despite the "larger" areas of Crysis 3, I didn't find them to really be much more open than 2, sans a few exceptions, most of which felt rather thrown together. In fact, I enjoyed the game significantly less than 2, partly because there was more irrelevant walking, and partly because the level design of the later areas was absolute garbage. After the first few missions, it was just awful.
At least with 2, most of the levels are replayable. The first tutorial stage sucks because it's a tutorial stage, Dark Heart had too much walking, but I can't think of anything that was decidedly bad, unlike everything in Crysis 3 from the beach on. Walk in the Park, Lab Rat, and Eye of the Storm were all memorably enjoyable.
Crysis 3 was a chore to play. What little good it did have was screwed over by the rest of it.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#17BuburibonPosted 1/15/2014 2:42:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#18BuburibonPosted 1/15/2014 2:44:11 PM
Buburibon posted...
Monkeymage posted...
What happened to Alcatraz? Did the suit/Prophet rewrite his DNA and erase his concsciousness/memories to make him be Laurence Barnes again? If so, that's kinda messed up.

IIRC, Alcatraz gave his life to stop the "Ceph Spiral of Doom" at the end of Crysis 2. He was consumed by the thing when he jumped into it.

---
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB 2133Mhz | GTX Titan @ 1136Mhz
#19Monkeymage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 3:57:30 PM(edited)
Buburibon posted...
Buburibon posted...
Monkeymage posted...
What happened to Alcatraz? Did the suit/Prophet rewrite his DNA and erase his concsciousness/memories to make him be Laurence Barnes again? If so, that's kinda messed up.

IIRC, Alcatraz gave his life to stop the "Ceph Spiral of Doom" at the end of Crysis 2. He was consumed by the thing when he jumped into it.

You remember wrong. Alcatraz emerges from the rubble at the end, and he tells Rasch to call him Prophet. The reasonable thing to do is infer that he is taking on Prophet's codename, not that he is now Laurence Barnes, especially since he doesn't have Propehet's voice.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#20BuburibonPosted 1/15/2014 4:03:25 PM
Monkeymage posted...
Buburibon posted...
Buburibon posted...
Monkeymage posted...

You remember wrong. Alcatraz emerges from the rubble at the end, and he tells Rasch to call him Prophet. The reasonable thing to do is infer that he is taking on Prophet's codename, not that he is now Laurence Barnes, especially since he doesn't have Propehet's voice.

Haha, thanks. I must've dozed off during that part as I do not remember it at all. The last thing I remember was jumping into that thing. Good thing I'm replaying it now. I'll make sure to stay awake throughout the ending sequence this time around. ;-)
---
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB 2133Mhz | GTX Titan @ 1136Mhz