This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Build ready? [Canadian Build]

#1jayman12311Posted 1/15/2014 10:09:12 AM
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/2BJ23

I'm about to purchase some parts today, mainly the CPU and MOBO. How does it look? Anything that needs changing before I buy anything? Thanks in advance! :)
---
3DS: 3480 2693 1771
Electric Safari: Pikachu, Emolga, Luxio.
#2PokenubPosted 1/15/2014 10:12:04 AM
I'm sure you'll get a suggestion of "Get an SSD". Just ready yourself for it.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#3zhenghanPosted 1/15/2014 10:13:02 AM
some cheap brands at play here, but overall looks okay to me.
---
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
#4Ivany2008Posted 1/15/2014 10:15:07 AM
I'll get the suggestion out of the way. Get an SSD. Bestbuy Canada and Memoryexpress sell them for about 115 dollars for the samsung 120 gig ones. Just use it for the Operating System and only the Operating System.

That way if you need to do a wipe of your computer you don't need to worry about re-installing windows

I'm seriously thinking of getting one myself when I get the funds
#5jayman12311(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 10:34:11 AM
zhenghan posted...
some cheap brands at play here, but overall looks okay to me.

Like what exactly? I'm on a budget of $850 CAD after discounts from price matching MemoryExpress but quality is important to me.

Ivany2008 posted...
I'll get the suggestion out of the way. Get an SSD. Bestbuy Canada and Memoryexpress sell them for about 115 dollars for the samsung 120 gig ones. Just use it for the Operating System and only the Operating System.

That way if you need to do a wipe of your computer you don't need to worry about re-installing windows

I'm seriously thinking of getting one myself when I get the funds

I was really hoping that I could get away with it considering my budget.
---
3DS: 3480 2693 1771
Electric Safari: Pikachu, Emolga, Luxio.
#6Ivany2008Posted 1/15/2014 3:54:37 PM
One way around the budget I have found, is if you currently have a computer you can re-use some of the current parts.

For example, my computer is about 4 years old, I'm currently in the process of getting parts sent to me to build a new computer from scratch. I'm re-using my 750 gig hard-drive as well as my dvd drive which saves me about 80 dollars

Obviously you might not be able to re-use ram and video cards if it is an older pc, but a computers hard-drive should be ok for temp. use until you get a bit more funds for a better hard-drive; just double check with people to see if your old hard-drive is compatible with your new computer