This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls II is becoming the most anticipated PC game

#11DaedalusExPosted 1/15/2014 2:41:21 PM
I_Heart_Eevee posted...
That doesn't sound harder. Demon's Souls already left hollows with 50% hp and I beat the whole game hollow. That was mostly because I didn't want to waste the thing that made you human though and didn't really understand the mechanics very well anyway. But yeah. Unless being hollow already reduces your hp to 50% and it can drop more, it's not much harder

Don't lie, you used the Cling Ring so it was 75%.
#12DRAGON07891230Posted 1/15/2014 3:03:23 PM
I assume recovering your humanity at a bonfire takes you back to full health right? That 5% isn't permanent is it?
---
_______()>===<()______........._______
[__]//P[__]======^^^^^^-------------------***** ( '_') > Uh Oh! (Unofficial Godhead of ESV boards)
#13R_JackalPosted 1/15/2014 3:04:20 PM
DRAGON07891230 posted...
I assume recovering your humanity at a bonfire takes you back to full health right? That 5% isn't permanent is it?

Humanity no longer exists, it's items called Human Effigies. IIRC they can be used anywhere, at that, and accomplish the same thing as unhollowing at a bonfire in Dark Souls.
#14LoshadtPosted 1/15/2014 3:09:26 PM
It's certainly MY most anticipated game. I invested around 800 hours on the PS3 version of Dark Souls, and another 300 on the PC version. It ended being my favorite game this entire generation.

I'm expecting a lot of "Demon's Souls was the best" once the PC version comes out though, because as we all know the only thing that makes a game good is exclusivity to a single platform.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#15HighOnPhazonPosted 1/15/2014 3:16:17 PM
The whole losing HP permanently thing sounds a bit too punishing for my tastes
---
PC / WII U / 3DS
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#16kbe2k2Posted 1/15/2014 3:37:37 PM
I_Heart_Eevee posted...
kbe2k2 posted...
"when a Hollow dies again, they become a little bit deader, reducing their max HP by 5% for every death, up to a maximum penalty of 50% of their normal HP."

That's pretty crazy, didn't they also make it so you can be invaded while hollow too? If so this game is going to be way harder and the amount of rage generated by griefers will be crazy.

That doesn't sound harder. Demon's Souls already left hollows with 50% hp and I beat the whole game hollow. That was mostly because I didn't want to waste the thing that made you human though and didn't really understand the mechanics very well anyway. But yeah. Unless being hollow already reduces your hp to 50% and it can drop more, it's not much harder

That's Demon's Souls though I'm saying compared to Dark Souls, which I found to be pretty easy.
#17TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 1/15/2014 3:42:01 PM
So ready for this. Still no official information on the exact PC release date, but they have said it will come shortly after, and Amazon says March 31 so I'm excited.
---
Steam: Sydite
#18locky723Posted 1/15/2014 3:44:18 PM
kbe2k2 posted...
"when a Hollow dies again, they become a little bit deader, reducing their max HP by 5% for every death, up to a maximum penalty of 50% of their normal HP."

That's pretty crazy, didn't they also make it so you can be invaded while hollow too? If so this game is going to be way harder and the amount of rage generated by griefers will be crazy.

Wait, for the whole freaking entire game? Like it's permanently 5% lower for every death?
#19RPGMattPosted 1/15/2014 3:51:09 PM
I imagine it would recover when you become human. Game's gonna be awesome. One of my main gripes with Dark Souls was that there wasn't enough incentive to be human like there was in Demon's Souls. Well, now there is. Time to kick some ass online.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#20locky723Posted 1/15/2014 3:52:29 PM
RPGMatt posted...
I imagine it would recover when you become human. Game's gonna be awesome. One of my main gripes with Dark Souls was that there wasn't enough incentive to be human like there was in Demon's Souls. Well, now there is. Time to kick some ass online.

*looks at unplayed dark souls* Why am i getting excited for the sequel to a game i havn't played yet... I'll play you soon. And that's definintly hardcore.