This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Reaper of Souls will improve D3 greatly?

#1Phaser23Posted 1/15/2014 2:05:38 PM
Or will it be a waste of money?
#2BogePosted 1/15/2014 2:08:10 PM
I personally don't think it will be a waste of money. I love Diablo 3 and welcome any new content. I don't think it will GREATLY improve the game. The haters will still hate the game. It won't make it Diablo 3, the true sequel to Diablo 2.
---
And so he prophesied that the sheeple will follow the stupid, and the stupid will rule the Earth.
#3Cool_Dude667Posted 1/15/2014 2:14:50 PM
It will add content which greatly increases replayability, but if you hated the base game's combat to begin with I doubt the expansion will change your mind.

I really hope they add another class (besides the Crusader which seems dull), if they don't I probably won't pre-order.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#4RequiemPosted 1/15/2014 2:18:20 PM(edited)
Judging by how much D2 expansion improved D2, it's possible.

But, and again, it's D3... It was built on experience with D2. I'm not sure what more they can add that they haven't added by now
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#5chrono625Posted 1/15/2014 2:20:51 PM
I did manage to squeeze about 400 hours out of D3. I stopped playing because it just became to ridiculous farming for decent items and upgrades.

I'll get ROS and since they have some sort of end game content now it may give me another 200 hours at least.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#6JowyBlightPosted 1/15/2014 2:22:50 PM
Requiem posted...
But, and again, it's D3... It was built on experience with D2. I'm not sure what more they can add that they haven't added by now

Actually it wasn't, and that was the big problem. They wanted something different or disregarded many things that made D2 successful on purpose, and cut out many features that they previewed or promised at the same time.
Most people didn't take too kindly to those developments.
---
"Riou...you came. Just like you promised. ...here we are ...here once again."
#7ShubPosted 1/15/2014 2:24:26 PM
Personally I look forward to the Loot 2.0 update and the removal of the auction house more than Reaper of Souls, but I welcome new content as well. I'll surely get back into the game when Loot 2.0 comes out and see what people are saying about Reaper of Souls.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#8Sub TankPosted 1/15/2014 2:43:49 PM
Based on what I've seen, RoS seems to be on the right track. The only disappointing news is that they're adding only one new class. Everything else sounds pretty solid.

I'm actually looking forward to adventure mode. Any alternative to grinding through the acts for the millionth time is good in my book.
---
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1
#9dermoratrakenPosted 1/15/2014 3:19:09 PM
RoS addresses none of primary issues. The problem is with the core of the game. It's not really fixable.
#10chrono625Posted 1/15/2014 3:30:01 PM
dermoratraken posted...
RoS addresses none of primary issues. The problem is with the core of the game. It's not really fixable.

What exactly is wrong with the core of the game? Lack of skills and variation? No skill tree?
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's