This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Laptop MoBo died. Need advice with replacing... =\

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Laptop MoBo died. Need advice with replacing... =\
2 years ago#1
Soo I need to replace the MoBo for my ASUS laptop, but when looking on ebay for the part, there are a few parts that goes into the model of the laptop I use (g51vx), the screenshots of them also looks exactly like my faulty one, and some even have the same PN as the one I need, but the second values have slightly different values.

Theirs: P/N: 69N0E0M12A14-01, 60-NV3MB1000

Mine : P/N: 69N0E0M12A14-01, 60-NV3MB1200

What I want to know is, is it okay to use these parts as long as the model and the P/N numbers match? Or do I have to get one that matches the part #s perfectly?

The MoBo is about ~$130, btw.

Can anyone help?
ZYL5_
3DS FC: 0645-5774-8879 (Grass with Gogoat, Pansage, and Swadloon)
2 years ago#2
Maybe its a different revision? I would contact the seller and ask him what is the difference.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
2 years ago#3
Yeah, I'm doing that now, I hope there's no real compatibility issue involved, I really need to get my laptop working again. =\
ZYL5_
2 years ago#4
Personally I would be putting that money towards a new laptop.
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
2 years ago#5
My budget can't cover the expenses of a new laptop right now, and I probably won't be able to get enough funds for a new rig until the end of the year (planning on building a desktop with black friday sales).

And getting my laptop working again is a fairly high priority as I'm working on personal art/music/comic projects, losing access to my HDD and my programs is a major setback.
ZYL5_
2 years ago#6
ao_bomber posted...
My budget can't cover the expenses of a new laptop right now, and I probably won't be able to get enough funds for a new rig until the end of the year (planning on building a desktop with black friday sales).

And getting my laptop working again is a fairly high priority as I'm working on personal art/music/comic projects, losing access to my HDD and my programs is a major setback.

Another idea is to take out your HDD, get a usb to sata connector, and use a different computer.
(message deleted)
2 years ago#8
32x2z posted...

Another idea is to take out your HDD, get a usb to sata connector, and use a different computer.

That sounds like a good temporary workaround, if getting a replacement Mobo doesn't work out then I'll do that at least.
ZYL5_
2 years ago#9
Well, I got a reply, the seller said it's compatible, and given the 99% rating and 40k sales(its a hardware account), I see no reason not to trust their word. Guess I will go ahead and order it tomorrow.

Saving for a new desktop would have been great, but I kinda need my laptop working now, so I'll just have to save up and try to get one for a budget later this year.
ZYL5_
2 years ago#10
Just curious how are you going to install the new one? Heard it's pretty hard and generally not worth messing around
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Laptop MoBo died. Need advice with replacing... =\

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived