This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I made a free FPS game and it would be awesome if you guys could check it out

#1CpazrunPosted 1/15/2014 2:11:08 PM
DESCRIPTION: Retro Rising Rampage is an arcade-style FPS inspired by NES games of old. Survive waves of evil Shy Guys while destroying objectives before a timer runs out. 100% destructible terrain!

LINK: http://sparkrising.com/gaiden-game-1-retro-rising-rampage/

I'll be around if you guys have any questions/suggestions. I made this game in a month so I'd really like to hear your feedback!
---
Working on a voxel-based sandbox strategy game! Check it out at sparkrising.com
#2kill2thisPosted 1/15/2014 2:30:11 PM
I like it, So much so I contemplated pre-ordering but first: What timescale are you looking at to completion? What other features are to be added? Any other reason I should give you money?
#3TimePharaohPosted 1/15/2014 2:35:06 PM
arcadey homage to 8-bit NES

Why because it rips off copyrighted NES characters?
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#4pitt12177Posted 1/15/2014 2:40:07 PM
Wow, that is incredible. It was really fun.
#5TheBlueDeathPosted 1/15/2014 2:57:40 PM
Long as your tinkering proves to be put to good use in Spark Rising. It worries me when stand alone developers get busy with other projects. Don't let Spark Rising be another Cube World.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#6Cpazrun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 3:09:10 PM
kill2this posted...
I like it, So much so I contemplated pre-ordering but first: What timescale are you looking at to completion? What other features are to be added? Any other reason I should give you money?

Thanks, I appreciate it. Right now we're looking at an early-access release on Steam in March, with a beta release in the summer.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Spark Rising so I don't know how to address your question about features. The short answer is a lot - customizable creatures, vehicles, structures, levels and exo suits. Co-op. A 4x style conquest mode. Those are the big ones.
---
#7SpazH3dPosted 1/15/2014 3:09:54 PM
How does one actually win this? If I fall to the bottom, am I meant to make stairs via destruction and jump my way up? It's not easy when enemies can see through walls.

But I tried it, and it seemed like fun!
---
- My vision is augmented
#8Cpazrun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 3:14:26 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
arcadey homage to 8-bit NES

Why because it rips off copyrighted NES characters?

Well yes, but we're not ashamed of it :P

Anyways, that's not the only thing. As the game designer, a lot of the gameplay harkens back to an earlier time in game design. A time where there were no tutorials and the gameplay was faster paced and less forgiving. I thought it would be fun to bring that back while at the same time acknowledging advancements the industry has made - namely 3D capabilities, which let us do interesting things with the level design, destructible environments, etc
---
#9Cpazrun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 3:15:58 PM
pitt12177 posted...
Wow, that is incredible. It was really fun.

Thanks dude! I'm glad you liked it!
---
#10Cpazrun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 3:20:35 PM
TheBlueDeath posted...
Long as your tinkering proves to be put to good use in Spark Rising. It worries me when stand alone developers get busy with other projects. Don't let Spark Rising be another Cube World.

We hear you. But don't worry - we've taken a lot of care to eliminate throwaway features from these side projects. Every single element of these games is meant for us to test something that we intend to use in Spark Rising eventually.
---