This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC games released before the year 2000 that you dream would be remade?

#61ClouddxPosted 1/16/2014 3:30:23 AM
Not a PC game, but Timesplitters 2 NEEDS a remake.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#62ryadingsPosted 1/16/2014 3:42:28 AM
Descent. With current graphics and possibilities. Would be awesome and would probably flop massively today. Too many 3D challenged people around.
#63flamerthrowaPosted 1/16/2014 4:02:23 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
DiviDude posted...
blakegalloway posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
It sure would be nice to have a remake of X-com.

But I know it would never happen. They would just dumb it down into a shallow mess.

So in other words no matter how good the game was you would hate it like every other petulant neckbeard on the internet just because it wasn't exactly the same as you remember as a kid?

This guy gets it.

He gets how to angrily bash his fists on a keyboard when someone insults his precious "hardcore" game.

I have shadowthareaper tagged as "almighty savior of opinion"
I remember why now
---
http://tinyurl.com/awwpuv7 i recommend this book to everyone on gfaqs. a fantastic novel by VideoboysaysCube
#64flamerthrowaPosted 1/16/2014 4:21:01 AM
Yombiee posted...
blood
rune
Drakken
No one lives forever
betrayal at krondor
System shock 2
nox
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Warhammer 40,000: Chao Gate
Sanitarium
Rocket Jockey

Only as long as blood keeps all the gore than yes
---
http://tinyurl.com/awwpuv7 i recommend this book to everyone on gfaqs. a fantastic novel by VideoboysaysCube
#65TeraPatrick2008Posted 1/16/2014 4:53:27 AM
- Blade Runner
- Star Trek TNG: A Final Unity
- Blood 2: The Chosen
#66codyorrPosted 1/16/2014 5:03:56 AM
As in the movie industry, remakes are usually substandard and terrible. I'd rather have an updated launcher/installer for those games.
#67DruujPosted 1/16/2014 5:06:07 AM
Firstly:

I love you guys. I just got home from work and you have made my day/week <3

Now for the fun part:

Lands of Lore 2.
Commandos
Dungeon Keeper & Theme Hospital
Warcraft 2!!! NOT 3!!! Take your plastic shovel and bucket and go play at another beach, kiddies.
Harvester
Full Throttle
Any of the pre-2k Larry games.
Legacy of Kain the first. Then reboot the series from that point. With Kain as lead.
Deus Ex. Deus Ex HR is great but nowhere near the original.
Planescape Torment. Playing the game now hurts my eeyyyyeeeeees. Best RPG of all time though.
Anachronox, and please this time produce it fully.
Star Glider.Nuff said
Entomorph: Plague of the Darkfall
Dark Legions by Silicon Knighs and SSI
Slipstream 5000
Fallout 2. The 3 and beyond are FPS with perks and boosts. This one is tactics.oh and Fallout tactics.
Final Fantasy VII. It started at PS but came to the PC so it makes the list. And it could use a decent remake, god knows it deserves. If it wasnt a PC game list I would go for VI though.

I dont know the name of this game, I d be grateful if sm1 recognized it and PM'ed me. It's an Adventure of the early 90s about a kid who got shot in the hand trying to avenge his father in wild west and then ends up as a pharmacist? I cant remember details for the life of me. Awesome though.

Thief Gold. It's 1999. It's amazing. Thief 4 is coming out soon though.

Sanitarium doesnt need a remake. The graphics are pretty nice as is. It does need a Sequel though. And a much larger fanbase.

And lastly Quake 2. I want a Quake 2 remake, that has today's decent graphics but without being SUPER HEAVY on the average PC. Since Id always used this franchise and Doom to promote their graphic engines, they ALWAYS made the games too heavy. I want a QUAKE 2 Remake that is FUN to play SEAMLESSLY on an average pc.

Go dig them up and have another go. I know I will in 2014.(or 15)
#68MISL Fan IIPosted 1/16/2014 5:09:31 AM
One Must Fall 2097
Traffic Department 2192
---
Baltimore Blast - 2013-14 MISL Season (7-2) Next game vs. St. Louis
This line won't change until Peter Angelos retires or expires
#69Aegis_RunestonePosted 1/16/2014 5:12:29 AM
ryadings posted...
Descent. With current graphics and possibilities. Would be awesome and would probably flop massively today. Too many 3D challenged people around.

This. I love Descent.
---
PSN & XBox 360: WarriorAegis
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/402828/
#70srxog4ps3Posted 1/16/2014 5:16:17 AM
Mechwarrior 2, Wing Commander III and IV, and Betrayal at Krondor. I'm sure there are plenty more, but I can't think of anymore at the moment. :P