This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Add 'Turbo' functionality for gamepad without it via macro/script utility?

#1DAOWAcePosted 1/15/2014 11:28:20 PM(edited)
So, you'd think this would be easy.. but it's not.

TL:DR: Does anyone know of any macro/script program to allow this functionality?

I've been searching for a way to give myself a turbo button for my gamepad and so far have failed to find anything that really works.

Initially I just converted my AHK scripts I've been using for the last half a decade to use the gamepad inputs.. and then discovered that, after nearly a decade, AHK still cannot send gamepad inputs. This absolutely boggles my mind.

Eventually I found a PPJoy library for AHK.. but it was old, and PPJoy is deprecated.

Then I found vJoy to replace it.. and then eventually found a way to get AHK to control vJoy.

Unfortunately, this is where the conflict starts. The program I use to map the virtual gamepad 1:1 with my physical one (UJR) can't be run with the turbo script active, AHK (or vJoy) complains that it's in use by another feeder and can't access the device. If I swap priority, again, can't access device.

At present time the only way I can see to do this is to 1:1 map manually, which I absolutely clueless on.

It's here I've hit a barrier.

Does anyone have any clue as to how I can do this 1:1 mapping while including the turbo script? Or does anyone actually know of any macro program that can accept and send gamepad input? I'll link one of my AHK posts in hopes someone actually has any knowledge about this: http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/87690-using-ahk-to-control-vjoy/page-4#entry629734

All this just so I can actually play a game with suffering from RSI pain. My last resort is either unwillingly switching to keyboard (which is far less comfortable) or find a gamepad that has turbo functionality and isn't much different from a PS2 controller.
---
#2-CJF-Posted 1/15/2014 11:21:41 PM
You could try AutoIt, I'm not sure whether or not it supports controller input either but it's worth a shot. You could also just use Xpadder or Joy2Key, it's fairly easy to set up a turbo button with that.
#3DAOWAce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2014 11:30:10 PM
I've asked on the AutoIt forums and was told that it doesn't support anything other than KB/M natively. (Also, mentioning anything related to games on their forum gets your thread locked without question; boggles my mind, rather avoid that community entirely.)
---
#4DAOWAce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 11:38:39 PM(edited)
Finally found the solution.

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/89279-ujr-universal-joystick-remapper-using-vjoy/page-4#entry630138

Different repeat script integrated into UJR with vJoy. Man, that took a long time.

Hopefully in future someone makes a simple turbo app that supports extra peripherals, as this is utterly ridiculous.
#5mogexpress1Posted 1/18/2014 12:12:06 AM
was gonna suggest AHK

just make a simple script (3lines or so) instead of going through some big thing like that.
---
Daddy's home
Shut up gabe and take my money
#6DAOWAce(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 4:41:11 AM
^ Even after a decade of existence, AHK doesn't support sending commands to joysticks/gamepads; this is why I had to go through all this crap.
---